11 years on class D, just passed class C

Hey everyone. So I’m a recent class C pass thanks to CRH Training, and all I’ve been reading about is that you have to “pay your dues” so to speak, before getting a decent job.

I’m curious though, as I’ve spent 11 years driving all sizes of buses and coaches around, with the safe driving certs that come with that, would that increase my chances of finding a decent paid class C job right off the bat?

I’m finding it hard to justify leaving my current bus driving job which pays £11.50p/h for an agency job or somewhere else that slave drives for £9.50 - £10p/h. Any answers from experienced hands welcome!

Hopefully your experience will shine through during a pre-employment assessment. Cant comment on the pay as it varies so much.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

The biggest reason for the “pay your dues” idea is that just like any job, if you have someone who’s done similar they need less training.

Driving a bus should get you above other people who’ve only driven a Micra, but you’d be lucky to walk into one of the exclusive jobs (never sure they actually exist).

The downsides are - insurance will see you as a new driver so not everyone can employ you, and you’ve not done the job so would need training (in theory).

Overall, £10 / hour isn’t bad for class 2. There are probably better out there, but don’t believe the stories about everyone being on more. Have seen some claiming to be on £17…yeah and Elvis lives next door to me.

The main reason for switching - the load doesn’t talk back, try to fight you or throw up in the back.

trevHCS:
The main reason for switching - the load doesn’t talk back, try to fight you or throw up in the back.

Never a truer word spoken. I’d just like to not have to take TOO much of a drop in pay. I guess I’m just going to have to temper my expectations a bit… or fork out another 1k and do my C+E :stuck_out_tongue:

Wildarmtins:
I’m a recent class C pass

:smiley: :smiley:

ROG:

Wildarmtins:
I’m a recent class C pass

:smiley: :smiley:

Lol! Thank you very much :smiley: