digi tacho card

i have been looking for the form to apply for my digi tacho card to get it sorted so i have it ready for when i pass my c+e and mod 4 but on the gov website it says only people who already have a digi tacho card to use this form but i can not find d777b form to download and print only can find d777b/dl. can i use that form to apply for my digi tacho or do i need to try my local post office to see if they have the d777b form?

thanks to anyone who can help answer this

If you hold a GB photocard driving licence you can (should?) use the form you found, i.e. the d777b/dl:

You need to use form D777B/DL to apply for a for a digital tachograph driver card if you hold a GB photocard driving licence. A new photo is not needed

Cheers
Rav

okay thats great thank you

The only licence needed to get a digicard is a B (car) licence

This is because it is possible to come under EU regs driving a set up over 3.5 tonnes such as a 3500 GVW transit van towing a 750 kg MAM trailer

Rav:
If you hold a GB photocard driving licence you can (should?) use the form you found, i.e. the d777b/dl:

You need to use form D777B/DL to apply for a for a digital tachograph driver card if you hold a GB photocard driving licence. A new photo is not needed

Cheers
Rav

You won’t get a from a post office, only download or sent through the mail from DVLA.
Rav nailed it, good link.
There is a paragraph on that page that says…
This form can only be used by existing GB tacho card holders and EU/EEA or Northern Ireland drivers who hold a tachograph record at DVLA. If you do not hold a record or are applying for a renewal you must use form D777B available from Download and order DVLA forms - GOV.UK.
Not true. This is the form that you use to get your first card, not just for existing card holders.

yeah i saw i can get it with my b licence got my cat c test tuesday morning but my intructor said its best to get it sooner rather than later so you do not have to wait for it before i can work as aim to do cat c+e and mod 4 as soon as possible

Still not received mine and I passed two weeks ago! I’m so impatient but I just want to get out on the road!!! :laughing: