Council waste collection and rest periods?

Working on the council dustcarts and don’t have to use the tacho - just a logbook. What I’m wondering is whether I’m subject to the usual rest period restrictions? I’ve turned down a couple of days of work I’d prefer (Biffa) due to being just short of 9hrs between shifts (8:45). As I’m only 5 mins from Biffa depot I could still get adequate sleep and do the shifts.

Working purely on the council dustcart using the log book there are no rest requirements at all.
To go and work for Biffa on the tacho you need to comply with EU regs so you’d have had insufficient daily rest as any work undertaken before that shift without a minimum 9 hours off would be considered as other work.
In reality nobody would know.

harrawaffa:
Working purely on the council dustcart using the log book there are no rest requirements at all.
To go and work for Biffa on the tacho you need to comply with EU regs so you’d have had insufficient daily rest as any work undertaken before that shift without a minimum 9 hours off would be considered as other work.

Biffa in Leicester are contracted to do the council door to door collections and are on UK domestic regs
It matters not who you work for but what the job is in regard to what regs are relevant

ROG:

harrawaffa:

Biffa in Leicester are contracted to do the council door to door collections and are on UK domestic regs
It matters not who you work for but what the job is in regard to what regs are relevant

He made no mention of the type of work he’d be doing so I assumed it would be trade waste as that’s what Biffa do here.
Only folk doing household waste here is the council themselves.