Domestic hours - dustcart driving

Hi. I have tried doing the research myself, and the company I am working for as a temp aren’t clear. The work is recycle collection in a 12 ton lorry with a digi tacho, which is set to ‘out of scope’. It looks like I can just take my 30 mins lunch break anytime during the day, regardless of the 6 hour ruIe or 4.30hrs drive limit I am used to. Weekly rest is not an issue, the shifts are about 9-10 hours. Making sense of the breaks is proving difficult, please help!

After doing trunk runs mostly in an artic at night, this is so different. I never realised people were so lazy with sorting and presenting their recycling, they just chuck any old crap in the tubs, mix it all up, don’t clean or empty bottles so if you pick them up the contents dribble down your tango trousers.

Hi mate, I work to the 6 hour rule and nothing has been said so far, book on at 6.30 and have break about 11. Just dont go over your 11hour duty time, thats all. Hope that helps

If doing household door to door waste collection on domestic regs then there are no break or WTD rules

Max 10 hours driving in any 24 hours

Max 11 hours working in any 24 hours

That is it

thanks you two.