Class 1 test - how long after course?

I did the Class 1 course a few months ago but failed the test and I haven’t bothered since. Is there an expiration date, let’s call it, after which I will no longer be “entitled” to a test and will have to re-do the entire training? I’m not even sure if the DVLA require you to have had class 1 training before they will allow you to be tested…but if they do, then my question still stands

ETS:
I did the Class 1 course a few months ago but failed the test and I haven’t bothered since. Is there an expiration date, let’s call it, after which I will no longer be “entitled” to a test and will have to re-do the entire training? I’m not even sure if the DVLA require you to have had class 1 training before they will allow you to be tested…but if they do, then my question still stands

Go for the CE test again in 10 years with no extra training if you wish but I would not recommend it

ROG:
Go for the CE test again in 10 years with no extra training if you wish but I would not recommend it

Will the DVLA let me take the test? Already set back by £2 000, another course would be £1600, at £350 per test I can do 5 tests for the price of a “course”, I think I’ll get lucky on one of the 5.

There is a reason why you didn’t pass last time. I suggest you go for an assessment or two, taking your test report with you, and get an honest appraisal of what you need.

The prospect of another full course should be highly unlikely, provided you were trained correctly to start with.

No decent trainer will provide a vehicle for you just to take a test. So, if it’s offered, you know you’re in poor hands before you start.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

The place I did mine, if you failed you can pay for extra training say a few hours or a days worth then another test rather than pay for the full course again

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Your theory test is only valid for 2 years, so there’s a sort of expiry date.

Your theory test is only valid for 2 years, so there’s a sort of expiry date.

That would be the case if the poster was on CAT C. But doesn’t apply to CE.

Peter Smythe:
That would be the case if the poster was on CAT C. But doesn’t apply to CE.

Oops… :blush:

Would it not be worth just going back to where you learnt originally and asking them for a extra training. As it was only a couple of months ago, knowing what you didn’t pass on, so they could just focus those specific areas maybe just a day or two at most and then go for a test again.