Class 2 to 1.

Passed class 2 two years ago now, looking to upgrade to class 1, what’s the procedure do I have to do theory again or just practical test :question:

Cheers

Lewis

Lew5092:
Passed class 2 two years ago now, looking to upgrade to class 1, what’s the procedure do I have to do theory again or just practical test :question:

Cheers

Lewis

To go from LGV C to C+E (old HGV classes went in 1991) all you need to pass is the practical mod3 on road/reverse/un-couple test

Cheers mate :smiley:

When looking for your provider, it’s important to ensure a properly marked reversing area as this is often the most challenging part of the training.

You may or may not know that you can pass on auto and receive a full manual licence (assuming you already hold a manual licence) and you have the choice of “real” artic or drawbar.

Anything that will make life easier has to be good.

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve got a funny feeling you’ve gotta do theory again I swear it only lasts two years. I could be wrong mind.

Good luck anyway.

JaxDemon:
I’ve got a funny feeling you’ve gotta do theory again I swear it only lasts two years. I could be wrong mind.

Good luck anyway.

No mate, that only applies when going for your Class 2.
It may also apply to C1 if you didn’t already have that through grandfather rights, but as I did I wouldn’t have the foggiest.
ROG or Pete will set me straight on that… :wink:

No need to take another theory if you already have the cat C. You would have to retake it if you hadn’t taken a practical test in the two years.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Sorted then. Good you don’t have to take it again cause it’s a pain in the arse.

Another thing to bear in mind is that some training providers can give cpc credits towards the 35 hours direct from the driver training. Worth asking the question.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: