Will I have to take a re-test after 2 years?

Hello All, im just in need of some Advice. I have been told today that if i do not use my Class 1 license within 2 years I will have to retake my test, is this correct?? I passed my LGV1 in september, but am currently still driving an 8 wheeler Grab lorry at the moment as its been hard to find other work. Any Info on this would be much Appreciated! :smiley: :smiley:
Many Thanks,

Wayne.

Nonsense :smiley: How would anyone know if you’d used it or not?

I’ve just realised what they’re on about; if you don’t send the pass certificate off then you would have to re-do the test.

mrpj:
I’ve just realised what they’re on about; if you don’t send the pass certificate off then you would have to re-do the test.

The examiners ask you if you want them to send your licence off for you… :wink:

I think if you don’t pass your class one within two years of passing your theory you have to redo the theory test… I bet I dreamt that :open_mouth:

garnerlives:
I think if you don’t pass your class one within two years of passing your theory you have to redo the theory test… I bet I dreamt that :open_mouth:

not quite but on the right track…

If you do not pass the C (orC1) test within 2 years of doing the theory then the theory has to be retaken - both bits.

There is no theory for a C+E test.

I passed my Theory in 2005 when i passed my Class 2. Thanks for The Help and Info , very much Appreciated Fella’s! :slight_smile:

Wayne.

If you don’t give your license to the examiner and want to send it yourself along with the pass certificate then the pass certificate is only valid for 2 years and you would have to take a retest if you didn’t send it withing that time.

However, if you have sent your licence off to DVLA and had the category added to your license then it is valid until you are due your next medical. When you have your next medical you send it off to DVLA again and it is extended until your next medical is due again and so on.

dizzyfizzy:
If you don’t give your license to the examiner and want to send it yourself along with the pass certificate then the pass certificate is only valid for 2 years and you would have to take a retest if you didn’t send it withing that time.

I’ve never heard of a time limit on a test pass so I might make a call tomorrow

ROG:

dizzyfizzy:

See here:

direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Le … DG_4022659

dizzyfizzy:

ROG:

mrpj:
See here:

direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Le … DG_4022659

Thank you - learn something every day :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Once you have passed your driving test (both theory and practical), the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) will need to be told. Whether it’s for a car, motorcycle, lorry or bus you must exchange your test pass certificate within two years of passing your test.

ROG:
Thank you - learn something every day :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Once you have passed your driving test (both theory and practical), the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) will need to be told. Whether it’s for a car, motorcycle, lorry or bus you must exchange your test pass certificate within two years of passing your test.

It’s still all about reading what’s out there ROG. :smiley:

:laughing: If you need to know something, just head for the newbies’ forum and we’ll put you right. :wink: :smiley: :grimacing: