Question regarding theory test expiry

Hi all, first post since signing up ages ago but I’ve got a question regarding my lgv theory test expiry.

I did my theory test, 7.5t driving test and cpc with the company I’m working for. Yesterday I passed my class 2 test through a training company, and want to go onto my class 1. I’ve been told that because I’ve now passed my class 2 my theory test expiry date will be extended by another 2 years, but someone else has said it doesn’t extend my expiry date.

Does anyone know which is true as this will ultimately decide on how soon I do my class 1?

Thanks

Olly

far as I know you just do the practical part of c+e you don’t do not need to worry about theory test anymore.

Olsrey:
Hi all, first post since signing up ages ago but I’ve got a question regarding my lgv theory test expiry.

I did my theory test, 7.5t driving test and cpc with the company I’m working for. Yesterday I passed my class 2 test through a training company, and want to go onto my class 1. I’ve been told that because I’ve now passed my class 2 my theory test expiry date will be extended by another 2 years, but someone else has said it doesn’t extend my expiry date.

Does anyone know which is true as this will ultimately decide on how soon I do my class 1?

Thanks

Olly

My understanding is that it doesn’t extend it because you don’t need to do theory from class 2 to 1!

I stand willing to be corrected but I think that should be you sorted now :slight_smile:

Well done for passing class 2 as well :slight_smile:

Technically speaking, all you’ve got to do now is learn how to pull a trailer with a lorry. That’s all the ‘plus E’ bit is, there is no logical reason why you would need to redo your theory as you’re still driving a lorry around.

The above is quite correct - you’ve passed your “class C” licence so you can now drive anything under class C with a trailer up to 750KG. By doing C+E all you’re doing is extending your class C licence to include trailers above 750KG hence the +E bit. So no theory tests required since you’ve got the main qualification, ie: class C.

So because I’ve passed my class 2 I can do my class 1 even after my current theory test period has expired? If so that’s great news so I don’t need to rush doing it.

Thanks for clearing it up for me guys [emoji3]. Hopefully I can beat my 1 minor on my next test!

You do one theory test and that’s it,you don’t have to take another before your class one.

You don’t need to do another theory test once you’ve passed the practical test for the C category.

You can book your C+E practical test on the official government website:

gov.uk/book-driving-test

The LGV theory pass lasts for 2 years and is then converted into a LGV practical test pass

Notice that it states LGV not a specific category so it covers all LGV categories

It wasn’t a question about categories as such, just that it’s due to expire soon as it’s been nearly two years since I initially past my theory and 7.5t and I don’t want to be forced to do it again so I can take my class 1.

Whoever told you your theory has been “extended for 2 years” is wrong,once you’ve done your class 2 that’s it for theory tests,you do not need to do another one before taking your class one.

xichrisxi:
Whoever told you your theory has been “extended for 2 years” is wrong,once you’ve done your class 2 that’s it for theory tests,you do not need to do another one before taking your class one.

Thanks, the guy that told me is known for being a numpty I just wanted to clear it up for myself.

Yep no theory required, I did my theory for my class 2 back in 2003, never did one for my car as it did not exist back then.

I did my C+E and did not need to do theory or hazard perception as they were both done on my C test back in 2003.

Olsrey:
It wasn’t a question about categories as such, just that it’s due to expire soon as it’s been nearly two years since I initially past my theory and 7.5t and I don’t want to be forced to do it again so I can take my class 1.

You made it about categories by referring to C1 C & CE

I stated what the theory is = LGV