Class 1 Passed first time!

Yesterday I passed my Class 1 first time, the reverse went horribly wrong but I managed to correct it and park it in the garage square and thats all that matters :smiley:

No the proper driving and learning starts just as I found in Class 2…welcome to the real world eh?

I now need to find a company that will take newbies in possibly just a trunking role to get me started and build my experience up.

I really want a permanent position rather than via an Agency as I have found they mess you about all the time and I want some consistency back in my life now.

Can anyone recommend particular companies that entertain new passes on trunking in the Chesterfield, Mansfield, Nottingham areas?

Cheers

Get you :smiley: , first time pass! Good luck with the job hunt.

I’d avoid going down the route of solely wanting to trunk,it’ll take you 10 times longer to master reversing ect if your only doing one or 2 reverses a day…

xichrisxi:
I’d avoid going down the route of solely wanting to trunk,it’ll take you 10 times longer to master reversing ect if your only doing one or 2 reverses a day…

I was thinking that I could introduce myself to proper reversing in a big yard onto bays rather than trying to get around a car park down the side of an Aldi or something…but I see your point

Congratulations! Well done!

Good lad well done!

Thanks for all the praise guys

I have been on the blower all day calling Agencies for temp to perm and calling companies direct and I’m getting nowhere, apparently it’s all down to insurance (no newbies)

The ones that will entertain me (via Agency for temporary stuff as per usual) are only prepared to pay £10 per hour…[ZB[ing hell this is Class 1 not 7.5 ton!

I have been paid more for â– â– â– â– â– â–  Class 2 jobs

Anyway tomorrows another day, I’ll keep trying I have bills to pay

Congrats

I passed last week its taken a few days off being let down constantly, Just keep applying even if they want experience it will pay off. Just today I’ve had numerous response from job application’s.

Just keep trying, ask anyone you know if they hear of something, we only take on via recommendation.

Kynszon:
The ones that will entertain me (via Agency for temporary stuff as per usual) are only prepared to pay £10 per hour…[ZB[ing hell this is Class 1 not 7.5 ton!

I have been paid more for [zb] Class 2 jobs

Anyway tomorrows another day, I’ll keep trying I have bills to pay

First, very well done on passing bendy test :slight_smile:

Second, I feel your pain about wages. Only thing I can suggest is that you don’t be too narrow in your outlook. Take em as they come, accept the job or not. Keep the money coming in.
If you DO accept a job and it’s not up to the wage that you really want, still do the job to the best of your ability.

On a side note, just to wind you up a bit, I just did a 7.5t job at 13ph :slight_smile:

albion:
Just keep trying, ask anyone you know if they hear of something, we only take on via recommendation.

If I get Sammy to recommend me, will you take me on? :slight_smile: