New class 1 driver no experiance yet

Hi all.well after almost 2 years of driving class 2 doing multidrop and other driving jobs i finally passed my class 1 a few days ago.the only experiance i have of driving class 1s is on my lessons and on the test itself.so am a tad nervous about getting my first job.in a ideal world it would be 1 drop in a big yard and back to depot.can anyone offer any advice as too what jobs i should be looking at.any advice would be much appreiciated :smiley:

Congrats on your Class 1 mate! :smiley:

For a Newbie bender :blush: I’d say that night trunking is probably the easiest way of getting in to EASY class 1 work.

But that’s boring, have a go at class 1 multi-drop, now that’s entertaining for a Newbie! :grimacing:

Evil8Beezle:
Congrats on your Class 1 mate! :smiley:

For a Newbie bender :blush: I’d say that night trunking is probably the easiest way of getting in to EASY class 1 work.

But that’s boring, have a go at class 1 multi-drop, now that’s entertaining for a Newbie! :grimacing:

Cheers mate.done multidrop in class 2 that was bad enough.would’nt fancy it in a class1.but ye trunking sounds good.and less of the bender. :sunglasses:

Well if night trunking is an option pal, go knock on the doors of the pallet firms in your area.
The job is a doddle as you just drive up the collected pallets for that day to the central hub (probably in the midlands area), off load those, kip on the bunk for an hour or 2 and then drive through the warehouse again and get loaded with the pallets for the day shift of your depot. I’ve done a couple like TPN and the HazChem network and there is absolutely no reversing required.

However, that isn’t going to improve your reversing skills, so when you’ve got your confidence up a bit, have a day out with a day man doing his class 1 route with him sat in the passenger seat. i.e. Get stuck in with a safety net… :wink:

Plus you need someone to laugh at you when you can’t get on a bay or into a yard! :laughing:

Best of luck mate…

why be scared of driving an artic,having just passed you test? :confused: when i got my Class 1 i couldn’t wait to get out there!

No matter how long we have been driving, we all make mistakes or have off days reversing. You will be used to it in no time. Congrats and good luck.

Dare I say it? But try stobarts as long as you have a pulse and a class one licence they will take you on and in turn you get some good experience…

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thanks to all who replied.ye looks like trunking is whats for me.nice easy runs till i can get used to the truck.just gotta wait to get my licence back now and ill be away.oh by the way.i passed my class1 in a draw bar truck and trailor not an artic so thats where the nerves are coming from.but i’ll be ok i hope lol.anyway thanks again.

How about doing farm collections & night…[emoji13][emoji851]