Driving when send back my plastic

Hello,
Today I had my medical test and a doctor said if I’ll send today my all documents to add provisional C, until my new license will come back I cannot drive any vehicle. Asked why, he answered that’s for the healthy reason that they have to check my medical test and contact my doctor as well. It’s that true? I’ll still drive anyway but just thinkin, in my area, because of many accidents, police stopped me since April two times on my way to work (A38 Burton) for alcohol test etc, and if they’ll stop me in that time and they’ll check that my license is with DVLA, they can ban me or I could get any fine to pay ? Thanks

even although its the weekend,this one should do well… :smiley:

perhaps a tad more clarification could be in order my good man?

When I had my medical I had no doctor of my own as I had moved to a different area. But he passed me and after my eyetest with an optician I sent my forms off straight away to the D.V.L.A.

I was still able to drive a car. Obviously you cannot drive a class c untill you get your provisional back

You can drive whatever is currently on your licence but not any new categories until approved by DVLA

Hi guys (and girls)

I’m a Newby to the forum and not yet a trucker, however in the job I do at present I can clarify that as long as you’re license has not been suspended for driving offences or medical reasons, you are still permitted to drive any vehicle which you hold a current license for.

The authorities can easily check your driving status on PNC or other DVLA sites.

For example if you have just passed your motorcycle test, but have held a full car license, you don’t need to stop driving your car while your license is being updated.

The police will, if neccessary issue you with an HO/RT1 to produce your license at a police station of your choice within 7 days.
If your license hasn’t been returned to you within that 7 days, take your HO/RT1 slip to the police office and explain. They will extend the production period.

Hope this helps

If I´m interpreting this right, and no reflection on your English, just a bit hard to understand,

the question is “Can I drive even though the Doctor has told me not to because of health reasons”

No.

It SOUNDS like your Doctor is expecting DVLA to write to him to clarify whatever it is that the Doctor thinks MAY be a problem.

Anyone?

Ok, I wrote it badly, didn’t know how to explain that :stuck_out_tongue: , and doctor said that I don’t have any health problems, as I seen on d4 form, but for some reason he just said to do not drive, Thanks all for that. contacted with DVLA, as someone posted, yes I can still drive.

Well, glad it worked out for you.
Still confused by the Doctor saying you couldn´t drive.

No, I don´t need to know.

You can drive! Result! :slight_smile: