Provisional back, but with an oddity!

Hi,

I had my medical last Saturday, and sent the forms off asking for C & D provisional. It has just come back to me - but with both C & CE provisionaal dated from 1st April 1991 - Back then I took the medical & applied for a provisional to do my class 1, but never got around to it. The DVLA computer has obviously realised that I used to have this provisional, and has brought my licence up to date with the new medical.

So I wonder now if I need to do the C class, or can I go straight to CE? I suspect not, but am a bit confused by the CE provisional & the back-dating?

Gary

PS - John, I’ll give you a call on Monday to sort the next step out!

It’s not that uncommon. You can drive CE now - but you cant take a test on it. So, to all intents and purposes, you’re really no better off than a new applicant.

The other thing to note is that you cant take a test on CE until you’ve received your full CAT C. But you can drive CE whilst you’re waiting for your full C from Swansea - which most people can’t.

All the best with your training and test. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Pete - thought it was too good to be true! Ah well, back to the original plan, and have a chat to John on Monday to get the theory test and assessment drive booked in.

Gary