Burnout!

So as the title says, I’m knackered! Haven’t had a day off since March. Working 7 days a week is getting to me, albeit in 2 different jobs. I drive Sunday to Thursday and do door work Friday and Saturday. I was in a tough spot financially which is why I started doing it, but it’s getting too much now. I have about paid for the new car and my holiday in August, so when I get back off holiday at the end of August I will be looking for a new job on 5 days a week and give up the weekend work. I want something easy, I’m looking for m-f trunking, just a straightforward drive, trailer swap and back. Shouldn’t be too difficult to find something at this time of year.

Vent over, just needed to rant. Thanks for listening

ace… :smiley:

Thread title disappoints.

Glad you´re getting/got sorted :slight_smile:
Rock on, fella.

To think I was going to send money to Africa so they don’t have to walk 20 miles a day just to get fresh water…

Seriously though what car did you get then?
Also you don’t want to go from a ‘on your feet always busy rush rush’ job to a trunking job… You will just get bored. Maybe supermarket work? Have to unload yourself a lot so keeps you busy. Also you won’t end up like those morbidly obese truckers who struggle to get in their cab but can’t stop bragging how easy their job is.

Been there, done that, the 7 day a week cos I needed the cash.

You can only do it for so long before it gets you. Sounds like your there.

How about going back to shunting?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hi guys, Deano it is shunting that I’m doing Sunday to Thursday. If I was on the road, the tacho regs could cause problems with my other job. No weekly rest you see. Oh well, I’ve only got to tough it out for another 4 weeks, then I’ve got 2 weeks off. I’m giving up the bouncers gig when I go away, it was only temporary for the dollar. When I get back, I’m going to seriously hunt for a trunking job.

It’s an Audi mate (I know, I know) but the mrs has a car too and we got a house and 4 kids to run so I needed quick easy money.