Initial CPC qualification

Hi,

I’ve been trying to figure out how to get a first time CPC qualification. Apparently there are 4 separate modules with a test for every one of them, however Module 1 (theory) and Module 3 (practical driving test) appear to be the same as the ones I already did for my class 2 licence. Do I still need to do all 4 modules if I’m already holding a full class 2 license?

You need Mod 2 (case studies) and Mod 4 (practical demonstration test).

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

As Pete said

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

drivingtheory4all.co.uk/lgv … heory-test
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=121468

Thank you for your answers. Makes sense now :slight_smile:

I was just about to start a new thread about doing a CPC for the first time, but I saw this one.
It´s not my intention to hijack it, at all. But I´d like to share my first day with you guys and mebbe get some insight, views, etc. ´cos I´m confused as ■■■■ tbh.
As Peter and ROG are already here waves I know you guys have a finger on the pulse and will see this :slight_smile:

Ok, I passed my Class 2 test in ´79. Worked for approx 10 years driving.
Then I moved on to other stuff. Medical expired.

30 years later, moved back to UK. Found out I could re-instate my Class 2. Yay.

My lovely claims advisor at the Job Centre (and she IS lovely, really looks after her clients) offered me this course…essentially a a NVQ L2 with CPC and medical thrown in, provided by an external agency.
Now, that´s all I need to get out working, CPC and medical. Paid for by you taxpaying slaves :smiley: thank you :smiley:
So I snatched her hand off.

The plan is, 3 days a week on NVQ and 1 day a week on CPC, for 5 weeks.

Did the first day of CPC training today.

Question: Is this normal?
Discussions on psychology
Playing Jenga to demonstrate different psychological traits as defined by the OCEAN acronym.
Doing various psychometric tests

Mixed in with this was the, I guess, usual videos on road safety and how it applies to the industry. But not much.

All in all though, an enjoyable day. Shame we´re back to NVQ tomorrow.

I talked to the course boss, I sad that as I hadn´t even heard of CPC before would it be a good idea if I did the whole thing? And that I might learn something.
She said no, you don´t want to do that case study stuff, most people fail.
I said I´d done some mocks, online, and I did fine but if I did the course fully then I might learn even more.
Still no.

ANyway, I´d be interested to hear you guys views, impressions, advice, etc.

My thinking is that, if I´m on the course anyway, I might as well soak up all I can seeing as how I´ve been grandfathered in and not done a CPC before. But she seems against it for some reason.

Thoughts?

Thanks for listening

Stew

You can do the two pass/fail tests which are module 2 theory and module 4 practical instead of doing the 35 hours attendance as you have never been issued with a DQC

Whilst I don’t believe it’s true that “most people fail” the mod2 or mod4, if you’re already enrolled and doing the CPC at no expense to yourself, I don’t see any advantage to doing the initial CPC.

How can anyone fail Mod 4?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

ROG:
You can do the two pass/fail tests which are module 2 theory and module 4 practical instead of doing the 35 hours attendance as you have never been issued with a DQC

Thanks ROG.
Yeah, sorry, forgot to mention, it´s a bus driver trg company :smiley:
Everything is geared towards buses.
I´m sat with 12 bus drivers who just need the 35 hours.
And, I suspect, the end game is that the trg company want bums on seats for the 35 hours to qualify for funding. They provide everything up to, but not including, the actual driving test, for buses.
I´ll ask em today about doing the 2 and 4, see what they say. If I do 2 and 4 for buses, is that going to be ok for trucks too? Is that a daft question?

blackbart:
Whilst I don’t believe it’s true that “most people fail” the mod2 or mod4, if you’re already enrolled and doing the CPC at no expense to yourself, I don’t see any advantage to doing the initial CPC.

Well, that seems to be the way in which im being tunnelled so, yeah :slight_smile: Path of least resistance it is then.

Ok, cheers guys, appreciated.

off to school now.
Yáll have a good day
Stew

Same rules apply for CPC on PCV or LGV

My advice would be do the 35 hour periodic cpc. If you haven’t been in the industry for a while (and for a lot of drivers even if you have) you will definitely learn something. Just make sure you get a good reputable training company and where possible check reviews or get some guys/girls on here to see if any of them have been there.

As the EU regs have changed a lot since you last drove then deffo do a 7 hour dcpc course on those

ROG:
Same rules apply for CPC on PCV or LGV

Apart from the Case studies and the Show me tell me bits, according to one of the tutors.
I asked the dude this morning and I can´t just do 2 and 4 (and not the 35) because they´re different.

It occurred to me, as I was on the tube home, that mebbe a bus CPC and a truck CPC 35 hours, are different. But it seems that the 35 hours does work for trucks as well. I was panicking a bit :smiley:
And I fully intend to ■■■■ up all the EU stuff I can. I´m old enough to know what I don´t know :slight_smile:

Road2ruin:
My advice would be do the 35 hour periodic cpc. If you haven’t been in the industry for a while (and for a lot of drivers even if you have) you will definitely learn something. Just make sure you get a good reputable training company and where possible check reviews or get some guys/girls on here to see if any of them have been there.

Yep, that´s the road I´m headed down. 1 day a week for 5 weeks.

I have no choice as to the trg provider. It´s Hackney Community Transport.
It´s fine. A bit muddled at the start, the course seems overly long, but we get treated like adults and the tutors are damned good at teaching.

Thanks for all the info and input, it helps a great deal :slight_smile:

If never been issued with a DQC for PCV (or LGV) then with grandfather rights you can do either mods 2 & 4 or the 35 hours to get your first 5 year DQC and if anyone says different then they need to check the facts with the DVSA driver cpc hotline

ROG:
If never been issued with a DQC for PCV (or LGV) then with grandfather rights you can do either mods 2 & 4 or the 35 hours to get your first 5 year DQC and if anyone says different then they need to check the facts with the DVSA driver cpc hotline

Thanks ROG.
I checked with the trainer, he says that he´d have to get a truck in for me to do the walk around and show me tell me, and that they wouldn´t do that.
He did seem quite interested in me just doing the 2 and 4 until he realised he´d have to hire the truck.