Mirror, signal, manoeuvre

Just a quick one and maybe a stupid one

Been out today for the first time in an 18T truck and I think it went pretty well, only Clipped 2 round abouts which I’m impressed with

Question is though when ever you’re at a standstill and intend to pull off wether it’s the side of the road, traffic lights or round about should you be doing

Mirror, mirror, blind spot, signal and manoeuvre

Or signal mirror, mirror, blind spot manoeuvre

Thanks

Mirror blind spot signal mirror blind spot move over
The thing to remember is if you don’t have neck ache by end of lesson or test you ain’t looked in the mirrors enough [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mirror, mirror, signal (if required), shoulder check, move, left mirror immediately.

Possible to complicate much more but not necessary.

If you don’t understand the reason for the shoulder check, ask your instructor to explain. It’s a pet “thing” of mine that folks are taught to do a shoulder check with no explanation. It then gets binned as soon as the test is passed.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

When I passed my test I just looked at the kerb mirror and scanned all the way around to my right. I may not have taken all the mirrors in but it was enough to satisfy the examiner.

If you were to focus on each mirror you’d miss your chance to pull away usually. Best to keep an eye on them while you’re waiting.

Gav

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Peter Smythe:
Mirror, mirror, signal (if required), shoulder check, move, left mirror immediately.

Possible to complicate much more but not necessary.

If you don’t understand the reason for the shoulder check, ask your instructor to explain. It’s a pet “thing” of mine that folks are taught to do a shoulder check with no explanation. It then gets binned as soon as the test is passed.

Not been mentioned to me so far, I’d imagine it’s too check for anyone passing on 2 wheels?
Thanks

blue estate:
Mirror blind spot signal mirror blind spot move over
The thing to remember is if you don’t have neck ache by end of lesson or test you ain’t looked in the mirrors enough [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks pal

Not been mentioned to me so far, I’d imagine it’s too check for anyone passing on 2 wheels?
Thanks

That’s one very good reason. Others include a vehicle pulling out of a junction or driveway to your right. And, occasionally, pedestrians. Scary!

And the tip to keep checking while your waiting is absolutely bang on. Then you only have to release your brake, check shoulder and you’re gone.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

Thanks

That’s one very good reason. Others include a vehicle pulling out of a junction or driveway to your right. And, occasionally, pedestrians. Scary!

And the tip to keep checking while your waiting is absolutely bang on. Then you only have to release your brake, check shoulder and you’re gone.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the help…

I was looking at all times in the mirrors when stationary but he was saying I was doing things too quick… because I’d already checked my mirrors before he told me to

Hopefully tomorrow goes better and I don’t get any kerb at all haha

Perfectly possible to check the mirrors too early. Get clarification from your trainer. Also, if you’re not doing stuff too fast and you’re checking your mirrors at the correct time, there’s no way you’d be clobbering kerbs. So maybe ease off a little and take advice as to the timing of the mirror checks.