Mirrors

Hi people, my first post, I did my class 2 about 3 years ago, but i quit driving lorries to go on the taxis(multi drops of upto 20 a day was doing my head in), i am seriously considering doing my class 1 in the coming weeks and maybe getting into some trunking work. Anyway, what is the CORRECT procedure for using your mirrors in different manouvers.
For example:

1. before pulling away, check nearside M then offside M then bliind spot, indicate
  2. etc

taximan:
i am seriously considering doing my class 1 in the coming weeks and maybe getting into some trunking work. Anyway, what is the CORRECT procedure for using your mirrors in different manouvers.
For example:

1. before pulling away, check nearside M then offside M then bliind spot, indicate
  2. etc

Welcome taximan :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The blind spot must be the last thing done before pulling away so the EASIEST way to do it is all the n/s mirrors, o/s mirror then do the blind spot.

You can be in neutral and do one thing with your head and another at the same time with your hands & feet. Done together - select gear and check n/s mirrors then as moving hand to handbrake, check o/s mirror - handbrake on half hold and check bind spot - release handbrake - move away. This takes practise but is easy, quick and smooth to do, even if you are the first vehicle waiting at a set of lights :slight_smile:
Most on training prefer to have the gear engaged whilst waiting but the above can be very effective especially if you can see when your lights may change - you may see the cross flow lights or the green man goes off etc.

I suppose that would be so easy to forget after driving a taxi. Maybe you could go for driving a bus cos they dont need mirrors either.

I LOVE MIRRORS!!! Eh ROG? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Clarky:
I LOVE MIRRORS!!! Eh ROG? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ERRR… I forgot… what were your 12 minors for :question: :unamused: :unamused: :wink: :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
I suppose that would be so easy to forget after driving a taxi. Maybe you could go for driving a bus cos they dont need mirrors either.

Do I detect a touch of cynicism there Mr Wheel Nut■■
Mind you, I did once notice a taxi driver not using his mirrors. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:
I guess that’s why there’s an NVQ coming up for them. :laughing:

dieseldave:

Wheel Nut:

Do I detect a touch of cynicism there Mr Wheel Nut■■
Mind you, I did once notice a taxi driver not using his mirrors. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:
I guess that’s why there’s an NVQ coming up for them. :laughing:

Cynicism, Dave? Thats for Muslims and Jews.

Just wondered why someone thinks mirrors should be used any differently on a truck to a car or van :confused:

Just wondered why someone thinks mirrors should be used any differently on a truck to a car or van

As you have rightly inferred - they shouldn’t. :smiley:

The only problem they might have is trying to use the internal mirror when driving a box or curtainsider truck :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: