Co-op RDC West Thurrock

Anyone know if it’s good or bad place to drive for?

Saw an advertisement for 36k class 1’s

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Supermarket work.
Co op in my experience have tighter stores to get into then tesco or asda.
Also they don’t have as many stores so your probably end up doing more miles between stores.
If your interested ADR network are the agency they like to use. Better hourly rate with them.

adam277:
Also they don’t have as many stores so your probably end up doing more miles between stores.

They have the most shops in the UK, even outnumbering Tesco

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Didn’t know that. Maybe I don’t see them near me as they are dwarfed by the giant superstores of asda, tesco and sainsbury :laughing:

pbc453:
Anyone know if it’s good or bad place to drive for?

Saw an advertisement for 36k class 1’s

Lots of shops on high streets or in small rural villages with a lot of them going in through the front door via a bumpy pavement and add to that London deliveries rather you then me !!

What about pay… Good or Average??

pbc453:
What about pay… Good or Average??

Pay is as they advertise around 38k.
Could prob get a lot more on Agency though.

Supermarket wise you have a lot to choose from Tesco in Thurrock and Dagenham, ASDA in Dartford I also think ALDI is nearby as well.
I was going to join co-op but changed my mind at the last minute. :grimacing: I will say though that they advertise a lot as do Tesco and ALDI so I’m betting there is a very good reason for that.

Suspect pay is quite a bit higher than most others but you do work for it. 34K is what they advertise in Notts full-time - not sure about ADR but agency i used was only £10 hour days. It was 95% EE on agency at Castlewood (M1 J28).

As mentioned its all handball (shop staff cant enter truck) but some will help with the stupidly over heavy drinks cages (depends on store).

Pay is high to compensate for cages going over on top of you, back injuries, run over by chelsea tractors and getting crushed in back of trailer. Some of the drop locations are plain stupid esp for an artic or on steep hills. Oh and random start times.

Done some agency work for Coop. Found them to be good, yes it’s all moving cages, some shops are tight for access, but found most shops friendly and helpful, and same at the RDC. They are also keen on you having breaks and being trained. Also you get directions and pictures for each shop and any hazard notices so not going in blind.
Certainly Keeps you fit. The lorries are all looked after. there are definitely worse gigs.

spacemanZ10:
Done some agency work for Coop. Found them to be good, yes it’s all moving cages, some shops are tight for access, but found most shops friendly and helpful, and same at the RDC. They are also keen on you having breaks and being trained. Also you get directions and pictures for each shop and any hazard notices so not going in blind.
Certainly Keeps you fit. The lorries are all looked after. there are definitely worse gigs.

Thank you all for loads of useful info…

Was the agency ADR Network based on they’re site??

A lot of the fleet has rear steer trailers as well, they take some getting used to and they also have a fair few manual trucks.