New starter questions

Hi thanks for looking.
I have recently started driving a class 2 for a local haulage firm and I have a few questions if anyone could help me out please.

1, I have a company phone what can I use this for?, Is this strictly work only calls or can I give the number to my other half to call me on?

2, we have a hand wash on site for the lorries, sonis it wash when you want or normally a once a week thing?

3, because my drops are local I only do 4-5 hrs driving a day but can work 9-12 hrs. I tend to have my 45 mins together but does the first 15mins of this got to be taken before the 6 hrs is up( say I start at 7am have my break by 12:45)

4, what are the rules on strapping my load, we use armid curtains and the pallets are usually sturdy. ( is there rules to say you have to strap every pallet)

Thank you for replying if I think of any more I will add at the bottom haha

Sorry should of put as well, I know most of these are company specific but wanted to know about general consensus.

1. Give your phone number to whoever you like, just remember when the little woman is whispering sweet nothings it may be to another driver [emoji12]

2. Take your breaks as you like, remember the working time requires 30 minutes if you work between 6 & 9 hours, so taking 15 is fine but as you mention company specific, they may have their own ideas and rules.

3. Keep your truck clean, it’s you who gets fined for dirty lights, mirrors, windows and no screen wash.

What does it say in your driver manual?

kopkings1:
… because my drops are local I only do 4-5 hrs driving a day but can work 9-12 hrs. I tend to have my 45 mins together but does the first 15mins of this got to be taken before the 6 hrs is up( say I start at 7am have my break by 12:45)

If you do a 12 hour shift from 7am to 7pm and have a 45 break from 1245 to 130pm then all break requirements seem to be covered :smiley:

Thanks for your reply’s