Periodic cpc training

Hi,

After completing 35 hours of classroom training is their a test to be passed? If so, is their a further fee for this test? for periodic cpc training?

Thanks.

No tests, you just have to be there for the full 7hrs x 5 courses.

Braveheart2009:
Hi,

After completing 35 hours of classroom training is their a test to be passed? If so, is their a further fee for this test? for periodic cpc training?

Thanks.

No, after 35hrs thats your cpc completed. Your current cpc card will still be valid for the 5 years even if you complete your cpc training before the current card expires.

So, after completing 35 hours of periodic training every 5 years there is no theory cpc case studies test again every 5 years?

Braveheart2009:
So, after completing 35 hours of periodic training every 5 years there is no theory cpc case studies test again every 5 years?

Thats correct

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

There’s no test for a DCPC, it’s 35 hours of refresher training / assessments over a 5 year period to be completed prior to your existing DCPC expiring. There’s no set syllabus and the same courses can be repeated, days can be accumulated by attending courses such as ADR.
Not to pick straws a CPC is different

it is a joke, i got my initial cpc in about 5 hours… why then do you need 35 to keep it?

TommyTanker:
it is a joke, i got my initial cpc in about 5 hours… why then do you need 35 to keep it?

It works out as a day per year, I was issued mine in 2011 after completing my ADR, it runs out in 2019 but I’ve got days in already from another ADR course :wink:

TommyTanker:

You can do the initial in 2017 and then all 35 in 2022 if you want to - before the initial runs out to keep it current with no breaks

Similar to renewing the medical every 5 years from age 45 to 60

If you are saying that most of it is a joke then I agree

IMO the joke is that the initial cpc is woefully inadequate. ROG has said many times that the Mod 2 element should have a lump of questions on drivers’ hours and tachos and I agree fully with him.

The 35 hours can be a total farce if delivered by the wrong provider. The powers that be are working at removing certain “trainers” from the system but I’m afraid it’s well infested. 35 hours of CPC (continual professional training) should be welcomed by anyone taking the job seriously. But the training has to be relevant, current and well delivered to have any value at all.

The 35 hours equates to just 7 hours a year. My staff have a minimum of 40 hours each year. So I consider it well within reach for any driver.

Questions and statements that frequently arise during sessions are a very clear indication that there are plenty of drivers working without the correct, current information. I was informed just the other day that I was wrong as he regularly splits his breaks 30/15. He’s a great guy with 20+ years experience. But he’s misinformed and breaking the law frequently.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

IMO the joke is that the initial cpc is woefully inadequate. ROG has said many times that the Mod 2 element should have a lump of questions on drivers’ hours and tachos and I agree fully with him.

The 35 hours can be a total farce if delivered by the wrong provider. The powers that be are working at removing certain “trainers” from the system but I’m afraid it’s well infested. 35 hours of CPC (continual professional training) should be welcomed by anyone taking the job seriously. But the training has to be relevant, current and well delivered to have any value at all.

The 35 hours equates to just 7 hours a year. My staff have a minimum of 40 hours each year. So I consider it well within reach for any driver.

Questions and statements that frequently arise during sessions are a very clear indication that there are plenty of drivers working without the correct, current information. I was informed just the other day that I was wrong as he regularly splits his breaks 30/15. He’s a great guy with 20+ years experience. But he’s misinformed and breaking the law frequently.

Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

He hasn’t realised that the rules changed years ago .
When I returned to the wheel after doing restoration work I was educated by an inspection but just given a warning .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

He hasn’t realised that the rules changed years ago .
When I returned to the wheel after doing restoration work I was educated by an inspection but just given a warning .

Pardon? This doesn’t make any sense to me.

Peter Smythe:

What I mean is, I can get a job with my initial cpc which covers nothing but need 35 hours to learn what I will pick up in the 5 years after getting my sham initial CPC. I think its a joke.

what are the assessments about?

Braveheart2009:
what are the assessments about?

Assessments in relation to what :question:

What I mean is, I can get a job with my initial cpc which covers nothing but need 35 hours to learn what I will pick up in the 5 years after getting my sham initial CPC. I think its a joke.

I believe we agree but maybe expressing it differently. The system isn’t great but there seems to be little will to change it. I totally support the concept but not the current delivery.

And if that makes it a joke, I’ll laugh with you!