Another CPC Question

Once you have completed your 35hrs “training” for your CPC is that it ?

Or do you have to continuously “train” for 35 hours every 5 years ? Because if you do then that’s really ridiculous! :cry:

Your DCPC ‘training’ once completed, will last until 2019…Then you need to acquire another 35 hours periodic training before 2024 (and 2029 and so on)

Every 5 years eh ? there’s a surprise :unamused:
What a great scam this CPC lark is turning out to be.

I couldn’t possibly comment… :blush:

Ive got 7 hours left to do for my CPC :open_mouth:
I did the first 7 hours at Stagecoach, then got 21 hours at Norberts for doing the ADR (and we were the first course to get the CPC add on :sunglasses: ) and I nearly was going to do the last 7 hours when I start my new job on Monday but their sending me out with another driver to route learn a contract run they have :sunglasses:

Express Pete:
Your DCPC ‘training’ once completed, will last until 2019…Then you need to acquire another 35 hours periodic training before 2024 (and 2029 and so on)

Surely, come 2014, the cycle will start again so you can work beyond 2019 ?

At my firm we’re doing 7 hours per year, so that’s 7 hours each year stuck in a classroom getting bored to tears for the rest of my driving career :open_mouth:

Just done my first session and I can honestly say I had a good nights sleep afterwards :blush:

Express Pete:

thought it lasted 5 yrs, so anyone doing it now will have to do another 35 hrs before end of 2015 ■■?

It’s worse than i thought then! That’s every driver (or their employer)now will effectively have to pay £100 odd fee just to be able to do their job. You add on the fact that a haulage on average will lose one driver’s working day a year per driver, plus may well have to pay someone else to cover.
To what end ? Rather lame training with next to no value ?

I can see more & more quit this industry. Give 5 to 10 years & we will be back to driver shortages. :unamused:

green456:

Express Pete:

thought it lasted 5 yrs, so anyone doing it now will have to do another 35 hrs before end of 2015 ■■?

Hi green456, Not quite mate…

As other posters have said, the first DCPC will last until 2019, so it doesn’t matter whether you do it all now, or wait until 2013.
At the moment and for those drivers already in the LGV licencing system, we are in a ‘lead-in’ period, so DCPC DQC cards issued between now and 2014 will all have an expiry date in 2019. :smiley: