CPC question

hi guys and gals,

ok here’s the deal, i have had my C+E since 26/03/09 and i have completed two cpc modules with my previous employer.

now my new employer is offering me further cpc training but they are telling me all i need to do is gain 35 hours of cpc training and that i can sit the same module 5 times in a row and that covers me until the 10th of september 2014… personally i think this is rubbish but i’d like some clarification, perferably something that i can print off and take to them as proof.

all you need to do is another 21 hours of training as you’ve done 14 hrs already. As soon as you reach 35 hrs you’ll get your blue card, and any further training will go towards another one… I have done year 4 twice for some reason, but it makes no difference

Yes you can sit through the same module 5 times to get your DQC.

And you only need 21 more hours as aspro said

aspro:
all you need to do is another 21 hours of training as you’ve done 14 hrs already. As soon as you reach 35 hrs you’ll get your blue card, and any further training will go towards another one… I have done year 4 twice for some reason, but it makes no difference

Once you have your DQC (driver cpc card) it will have an expiry date of 09/09/2019 which means no more periodic dcpc training will count towards your next DQC until 10/09/2014 because periodic training will only count if done within 5 years of a DQC expiry date

There are no specific modules for periodic dcpc training even if some providers market it that way

There are hundereds of dcpc periodic courses and as long as the driver has 35 hours worth done by the required date then thats it

I know you can do any course as many times as you like, but wouldn’t it be beneficial to you if you pick the ones that might actually useful to you :slight_smile:

madmossy:
I know you can do any course as many times as you like, but wouldn’t it be beneficial to you if you pick the ones that might actually useful to you :slight_smile:

It depends.

If you are one of the old school drivers who would rather fall asleep in the session than ‘learn’, then I don’t suppose it matters.

PhantomMajor:
hi guys and gals,

ok here’s the deal, i have had my C+E since 26/03/09 and i have completed two cpc modules with my previous employer.

now my new employer is offering me further cpc training but they are telling me all i need to do is gain 35 hours of cpc training and that i can sit the same module 5 times in a row and that covers me until the 10th of september 2014… personally i think this is rubbish but i’d like some clarification, perferably something that i can print off and take to them as proof.

As you’ve held an LGV licence since before 9th September 2009 you qualify for grandfather rights until September 2014, so any DCPC training you do now will count towards the 5 year period 2014-2019.

You can take the same training course 5 times and they will all count towards the 35 hours training that’s needed.

Although your employer is paying for your training I personally think that where a driver is paying for his own training the best option is to do the cheapest courses available unless they’re doing a credited course such as ADR ec’t

At the end of the day anything you can learn in a classroom environment you can learn on the Internet for free these days, so why pay more than necessary.

tachograph:
At the end of the day anything you can learn in a classroom environment you can learn on the Internet for free these days

And on the internet you dont get told that you need 30 mins break after 6 hours of work as some dcpc trainers do :wink:

dar1976:

madmossy:

It depends.

If you are one of the old school drivers who would rather fall asleep in the session than ‘learn’, then I don’t suppose it matters.

Have you yet heard anything worth staying awake for Dean?

ShropsBri:

dar1976:

madmossy:

It depends.

Have you yet heard anything worth staying awake for Dean?

No :wink: