Passed Class 2

Hi Guys,

Just a shout out to all the new drivers. My test was laid back and have a good chat as well. Made 3 minors, but got there in the end.

Made 30-40 minor mistakes and 5 serious and 2 dangerous mistakes about during my training including hitting my onside mirror in a lamp post sticking out.

Thanks for the advice.

Well done ,

Well done. My test was very relaxed to, chatted to the examiner the whole way around.

Whilst I never hit any street furniture my instructor will tell you my wing mirrors were a hair away a few times. All part of the learning I guess.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well done pal!

I think sometimes too much blame is on the driver than others imo. Yes, the driver should be careful however the council authorities should know the lampposts which are bent half falling and fix it. Its the same with overgrown tree branches hitting your mirrors which I was told could fail you.

:smiley: :smiley:

Well done mate.

overgrown tree branches hitting your mirrors which I was told could fail you.

Only under extreme circumstances. And tree branches don’t hit you. You hit them. But they would have to be hefty branches and no way of avoiding them or slowing down before making contact. It’s not at all unusual to brush against branches on more narrow roads. But this should always be avoided unless there’s oncoming vehicles preventing you from moving over. Don’t get a “thing” about crossing the white line. It’s job in life is to let you know where the middle of the road is. Given a choice of smacking the mirror on a branch or crossing the white line, the white line gets it.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Yes, I get you however during your test crossing the white line on a thin country road causes a hazard for another truck coming the other way giving you a serious probably dangerous and fatal offence.

I don’t know do DVSA examiners assess and report exam routes on the condition of branches, lampposts and road conditions as I went through a tunnel and on the other lane was a huge block of tarmac ripped right out of the road and I got hit on the windscreen by 2 chunks of tarmac stones.