CPC Practical Demonstration

Hi Guys,

I have my Practical lessons, Test & my CPC Practical Demonstration at the end of September.

I am a bit worried though, because I have watched videos of the test on youtube and all the stuff that you get asked, I have absolutely no clue about, nor has it been touched on in the theory side of things which I passed with no problem.

I start on a Monday, have my CPC Demo on Wednesday Morning, and my Practical Test on the Friday. In the first 2 days of my lessons etc will they tell me all I need to know to pass the CPC Demo?

There is no way you should need to refer to utube etc. Any decent trainer will take you through all you need to know. If you’re on your own, it will take little over an hour.

But just be aware if this is coming out of your practical driver training time. Common little fiddle.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

A lot of the mod 4 test knowledge can be covered during the pre driving checks

That puts my mind at rest Peter, Thank you

It’s been worrying me for a few weeks, but only just thought to post today. :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
But just be aware if this is coming out of your practical driver training time. Common little fiddle.

That can save a lot of money in many cases because it saves re-hiring the lorry for a mod 4 test

ROG:
A lot of the mod 4 test knowledge can be covered during the pre driving checks

Ah ok, so I will be taken through all that then, great stuff

We’ve got crossed lines ROG. My point was that some trainers are in the habit of including Mod 4 training (somewhere between 1 and 2 hours) within the practical training time. So the candidate is not then getting all the practical training they should have had and they’re paying proportionately more for the MOD 4 than they should be.

But you make a perfectly valid point that taking the MOD 4 test at the same time as the driving test can save money on vehicle hire. In our case this doesn’t apply as we have the test centre on site and our own Mod 4 examiner on staff. So we tend to divorce the practical and Mod 4 but the Mod 4 will happen in the same period as the practical training. This alleviates stress and pressure and works extremely well.

Just wondering if you need to take any waterproof gear for module 4 in case it is raining. I doubt many places have an area undercover?

Cheers.

Just to hijack this thread briefly. In general are trainers able to offer the practical and mod 4 in the same week?

I’m looking at training end of October (my next time off work) but we’re banned from taking holiday through November and December so if I could only do my practical training/test the mod 4 would end up waiting until the new year.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Just wondering if you need to take any waterproof gear for module 4 in case it is raining. I doubt many places have an area undercover?

You’re correct. But we have dedicated space in our workshop that we use for both training and test.

In general are trainers able to offer the practical and mod 4 in the same week?

Put simply, it depends how organised the trainer is mainly. In our case we can always offer this as we have plenty of staff capable of doing the training and we have our own examiner on staff who can conduct a test with a few minutes notice. But this isn’t the norm elsewhere.

BTW, we’re happy to carry out Mod 4 training and test for folks who haven’t done their practical training with us.

Thanks Pete, something for me to enquire about when I speak to the local trainers.

What area are you in?

Peter Smythe:
What area are you in?

Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

Birmingham.

We have many candidates from Birmingham area. Some commute, others have a residential course. If you’d like to get quotes from your local providers I’ll attempt a price match.

Peter Smythe:
We have many candidates from Birmingham area. Some commute, others have a residential course. If you’d like to get quotes from your local providers I’ll attempt a price match.

Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

Thanks Pete. With all the good reviews on here I’d be lieing if I said I wasn’t seriously considering you. Only really placing you at the back of the pile due to distance. Wouldn’t go residential as I’ve got a young sprog here and wouldn’t leave the misses to cope on her own. Commute obviously an option.

Not put a lot of thought into it until now. Was focused on getting the theory out of the way before I concerned myself with the next bit.

Can be done over a weekend ie Sat Sun test on Monday. Minimises travel. It’s only just over an hour.