Renewing expired Cat C and beyond

Hi all, first post here but it’s not really. I was on here years ago but have since lost access to the email I used so easier to re-register.

My Cat C entitlement became medical expired just before the additional burden of the drivers CPC, so I let it expire and worked in other areas. I’m now looking to get it back and IIUC All I have to do to get it back is redo the medical, fill in the dvsa form and send them some money. This will get me my entitlement to drive back but I know I’ll need to do the full drivers CPC before I can be employed as a driver. I’m also considering going for my C+E.

Question is…does any of the additional training required for C+E count towards the CPC?

Would I be better off doing the CPC first or going for the C+E first? Or won’t it make any difference either way? I’m aware I’ll also need a digicard, but that’s already understood.

Thanks all

I’m not sure of the whole licence expired thing but I do know that training for C+E can count as so many hours towards your periodic CPC training but that may be for those who already have DCPC. Hopefully someone with better knowledge will be able to confirm.

Find a HGV driver training company that has their courses approved by JAUPT and the cat C+E can count for up-to about 28 hours DCPC periodic training, I believe each full day of C+E training can count for 7 hours periodic training.

If you’re going to do the cat C+E anyway it seems prudent to have it count towards the DCPC periodic training, I mean what’s the point of paying twice and taking up twice as much time when you can kill 2 birds with one stone :smiley:

Find trainer who has CE practical training approved for dcpc hours
Pay a little extra on top of basic course price for those hours
1 to 1 half days usually = 14 hours
2 to 1 all day usually = 28 hours
Both above based on a course over 5 days

Thanks all, looks like I might be able to save a few quid then :slight_smile:

As an aside…I searched for my old username, and there I am, joined in 2003…My god, where have the years gone?

Norfolkngood:
Thanks all, looks like I might be able to save a few quid then :slight_smile:

As an aside…I searched for my old username, and there I am, joined in 2003…My god, where have the years gone?

What was old username ? - just curious

ROG:

I’m curious too Rog…Are you the same Rog that contributes to Pistonheads?

On here I was formerly Kalm2kaos :slight_smile:

Norfolkngood:

ROG:

I’m curious too Rog…Are you the same Rog that contributes to Pistonheads?

On here I was formerly Kalm2kaos :slight_smile:

Yes I am + horse & hound + many other sites