Driving hours

Hi
If I drive for

Drive 2 hours
Rest 45 mins
Drive 4.5 hours
Rest 45
Can I now drive 2.5 that I didn’t drive before first 45 min rest??

Sorry it’s probably common sense!!

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Yes, subject to daily rest requirements (you don’t mention if you’ve been doing any other work). You can extend the drive by an hour if you have a ten hour drive available.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

There would be some other work but daily rest is always more than 11 hours.

Happy days then.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks from clearing that up Pete

Is rest time included in 15 hours total day?

Remember that anything over 13hrs is a reduced rest…Even by a min…So where you say you always have more than 11hrs rest…That won’t be the case if you do a 15hr day.As that will be classed as a reduced rest…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I presume you mean “break” as in “tea break”. That being the case, the answer is yes. But try not to think of a 13 hour or 15 working day. Rather, take the day as a 24 hour period and then remember you must have 11 hours rest (going home and going to bed type rest) within the 24 hour period. When reduced to 9 hours, this has the effect of a 15 hour day.

But you must remember the principle that the working day is very much governed by daily rest periods.

It’s possible to make it even more complicated but that’s probably enough for now!

Hope this helps, Pete :lol :laughing:

Thanks for that guys…that’s clearer now.

Does any rest time during working time count towards the fortnightly 90 hour rule?
What I mean is, if a 10 hour day consists of:
Other work 2hrs
Driving 4hrs
Rest 2hrs
Driving 2hrs
Is this a 10 hour day towards 90 hour fortnight?
Sorry can’t get this but straight in my mind!! Lol

pbc453:
Does any rest time during working time count towards the fortnightly 90 hour rule?
What I mean is, if a 10 hour day consists of:
Other work 2hrs
Driving 4hrs
Rest 2hrs
Driving 2hrs
Is this a 10 hour day towards 90 hour fortnight?
Sorry can’t get this but straight in my mind!! Lol

The only 90 hour rule says that you can drive for a maximum of 90 hour in any 2 consecutive weeks, it has nothing to do with working time.

In your example you’ve done 6 hours driving towards the maximum 56 hours driving per week and 90 hours driving per fortnight.

Thanks for clearing that up tachograph