Daily rest periods

Just a quick question, do you take 9 or 11 rest hours between each 24hr period? I have myself all confused with nerves.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The normal is 11 hours rest, but this can be reduced to 9 hours 3 times, between 2 weekly rest periods.

Google is your friend mate! :smiley:

gov.uk/drivers-hours/eu-rules

Either… A 9 hour break if your shift was 13hrs & 1 minute or more as its classed as 15 hrs, so 15+9= 24hrs

OR

11hrs if your shift was less than 13 hrs as 13+11=24

DavidS86:
Just a quick question, do you take 9 or 11 rest hours between each 24hr period? I have myself all confused with nerves.

It is not BETWEEN each period of 24 hours but WITHIN (inside) each 24
The 24 period starts (or restarts) at the end of any daily or weekly rest period

DavidS86:

You have to have an 11 hour daily rest period completed within the period of 24 hours from the end of the last daily or weekly rest period (a daily rest period completed within 24 hours from the start of the shift).
This can be reduced to 9 hours 3 times between weekly rest periods.

A new period of 24 hours starts when you start work after completing a daily or weekly rest period.

Sent from my Microsoft keyboard using my fingers.

tachograph:
This can be reduced to 9 hours twice a week (a week is 00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday).

Twice a week? I thought daily rest could be reduced from 11 to 9 hours three times a week, and that it is the maximum driving hours in a day that can be increased from 9 to 10 twice a week.

Am I wrong? :question:

ORC:

tachograph:
This can be reduced to 9 hours twice a week (a week is 00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday).

Twice a week? I thought daily rest could be reduced from 11 to 9 hours three times a week, and that it is the maximum driving hours in a day that can be increased from 9 to 10 twice a week.

Sorry my bad, daily rest periods can be reduced to no less than 9 hours 3 times between weekly rest periods.

Don’t know what I was thinking of :blush: :blush:

tachograph:

ORC:

tachograph:

Sorry my bad, daily rest periods can be reduced to no less than 9 hours 3 times between weekly rest periods.

Don’t know what I was thinking of :blush: :blush:

I do - the 10 hour drives … done it myself