Heads boggled.

I’ll keep it short and sweet

Tacho went in today at 05:45
Started driving at 06:05

Finished today at 17:05

Total driving time 8hours.

Am I legal to start at 0430 tomorrow morning to get home early?

Got a fellow driver saying if I start driving before 06:05 tomorrow morning and go over 2 hours driving I’ll be going over my 10 hours driving in a 24hr period?

I was under the impression that the rest in this case around 11 hours It should reset my 24 hour period nd driving time. Would this also be the case for the reduced 9 hour rest period?

Just a case of two different drivers having different interpretations of the rules

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

Ignore your fellow driver he’s not got a clue,fine to do as you say fella.
You could actually start at 2:05am providing you haven’t already reduced twice already this week.

I haven’t got a clue where this fellow driver has got his logic from :smiley:

On the face of it, you could start again at 0405 having had 11 hours daily rest. But if you’ve got a reduced rest available to you you could start at 0205.

Because you are starting a new shift ie after a daily rest, there is no problem with driving time as your informant has intimated.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

As I understand current regs a daily rest period resets the daily driving time. So tomorrow morning you`re clear to go. Several years (2004■■) ago some police forces in various countries DID operate as your mate suggests, but no longer.

That’s what I thought. The rest period (reduced or not) restarts your 24 hour period

Your colleague would be right if you was on domestic regulations, but presumably you’re on EU regulations in which case he’s wrong and you’re right.

The other driver might be getting confused with UK domestic regs where the max driving time in any 24 hours is 10 hours

Cheers lads, so he’s thinking UK domestic hours and I’m thinking European hours. Happy days.