J M Hall Couriers van work in Glasgow

Hi, I just went for a job interview for a van driver job in Glasgow with JMHC and it looks like they are going to give me a go. The thing is I’m a bit surprised how easy it was to get the job considering I have no experience whatsoever (I’ve been working in hospitality the last few years), I don’t know the area very well, I have 6 points on my license… put it this way, I wouldn’t have hired myself. So, where is the catch?

Benigno:
Hi, I just went for a job interview for a van driver job in Glasgow with JMHC and it looks like they are going to give me a go. The thing is I’m a bit surprised how easy it was to get the job considering I have no experience whatsoever (I’ve been working in hospitality the last few years), I don’t know the area very well, I have 6 points on my license… put it this way, I wouldn’t have hired myself. So, where is the catch?

Could be an utter ■■■■ job they can’t fill. Kinda like my last job and since I’ve left they can’t replace me lol.

But saying that… keep ya head down as well as those points and make the most of it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If you are asking the question why you got the job with zero experience perhaps you know what the answer is likely to be

Tommy7437:
If you are asking the question why you got the job with zero experience perhaps you know what the answer is likely to be

I don’t know the answer as what I’m asking is not if this is a ■■■■■■ job, ■■■■■■ jobs is what I have done all my life, what I’m asking if this is scum where you work for no money. I have to pay bills… I don’t want to leave my current job and find myself being slaved and no being able to pay my mortgage. I don’t have problems taking a job that nobody wants as long as they pay. I was just hoping to get an answer from somebody that have worked for them. Thanks anyway.

What type of courier work Sameday or mutlidrop

Multidrop

Is it a proper employed job with a clear hourly rate. A lot of jobs they’re advertising up and down the country is self employed and you hire the van off them.

when i was on the vans it was zero hours contract and you were expected to run day/night at short notice for nmw :frowning: , however it siuted me at the time as i simply didnt answer the phone if i didnt fancy going .( zero hours as and when required without a retainer/call out payment works both ways :smiley: ). on the upside i got to see a lot of places including euroland .

Maybe just an idea to not care about the why. You’ve got the job so just grab that experience.

Do it for 6 months, a year then and let it open the door to a better gig.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Just found an advert on indeed for them and think we found the answers

1. self employed
  2. you hire the van from them

Not too dissimilar to some crappy other courier jobs, but likely you pay a high rate for insurance, accident excess, missed deliveries will be unpaid (regardless of reason), you pay for fuel etc.

This is why they took you on with 6 points, plus they all find it hard to keep people even on agency.

indeed.co.uk/m/viewjob?jk=9 … &from=serp

They are at least being honest unlike some companies but I would vheck the contract is actually from them not an agency, eg Transline.

Thanks for the answers guys.