Needing job

Hi & good afternoon all :slight_smile: , I was just wondering if anyone knows companies that are looking to take drivers on Glasgow area or surround areas. I recently got paid off , which is ■■■■■■■■ at best of times without being told there’s not enough work & thats why I got paid off :angry: ( ■■■■■■■■ again ) :angry: Started two new guys The following Monday preverbal bull and I’m left jobless & family n bills & looking for any class 1 driving job , tramping , nightshift , trunking , dayshift.
If anyone can that would be great
Thanks Davy

Davy, you could try Gist, Bellshill, strawberry season usually starts around this time of year. However it’s not a happy camp, more f/t drivers leaving due to pay,conditions vehicles etc,FFs even the planners are leaving enmasse. To give you an insight Unite union still negotiating last years pay deal let alone starting on this years. Anyway on the plus side the flip flops seem happy enough. It might not be ideal but at least it might cover your bills in the short term. Good luck anyway with the job hunt, could always try Turners,lark hall and one of the RobertBurns drivers mentioned last week they were looking for f/t tramper I think it’s 4on4 off. Cheers.

Cheers hound cat I will check that out :smiley:

Hi Davy give Alan at A&D Logistics a call allways looking for drivers allways adding to his fleet 01505329539

Good Luck with your job search. However was you employed under contract and made redundant ■■, if so they cannot do that I am sure, they cannot make you redundant then fill your post, perhaps whilst you have time, go to CAB and ask , they may have to re employ you or compensate.

JLS Driver SOS:
Good Luck with your job search. However was you employed under contract and made redundant ■■, if so they cannot do that I am sure, they cannot make you redundant then fill your post, perhaps whilst you have time, go to CAB and ask , they may have to re employ you or compensate.

You are partly correct.

BUT, all they have to do is employ the new drivers with a slightly different job title - ie labourer with driving or some other bull - and they’re off the hook, because his job hasn’t been re-filled :wink:

Legally I can’t name them although some suggested I try them :smiley:
Preverbal ■■■■■■■■ m8 as alway everything goes for the company never the driver
I will get something but loads of red tape saying can’t drive unless u held class 1 for 2 year then if u sit on it and do that after two years you get to interview than they say sorry can’t take you coz you haven’t got experience so you get Dp

waynedl:

JLS Driver SOS:

You are partly correct.

BUT, all they have to do is employ the new drivers with a slightly different job title - ie labourer with driving or some other bull - and they’re off the hook, because his job hasn’t been re-filled :wink:

Maybe true, but if he followed it up, they would be on thin ice in my opinion.

I did go to cab and they said I don’t have as many rights because of my time of service was 8 month , but did say that it’s wrongful dismissal , I got a week lying time + notice with deductions of a few days holiday I used which I think is poop :slight_smile:
I might have another job soon anyway so not going to presue it but do have one bit of advice for newbie truck drivers that have a stable income to do alot of research on the company & speak to drivers that have knowledge of the company staff turn over etc because I got stung by leaving a job that had security to being peed on when I went to alot of expense to getting a decent car to travel to there and back now I’m skint coz they wanted me to give up my family & drop everything for them ( night out at 2mins notice ) can’t do that 24hrs notice due to having young kid.
Plus i wasn’t last in lol at least 10 drivers after me

Davy85:
I did go to cab and they said I don’t have as many rights because of my time of service was 8 month , but did say that it’s wrongful dismissal , I got a week lying time + notice with deductions of a few days holiday I used which I think is poop :slight_smile:
I might have another job soon anyway so not going to presue it but do have one bit of advice for newbie truck drivers that have a stable income to do alot of research on the company & speak to drivers that have knowledge of the company staff turn over etc because I got stung by leaving a job that had security to being peed on when I went to alot of expense to getting a decent car to travel to there and back now I’m skint coz they wanted me to give up my family & drop everything for them ( night out at 2mins notice ) can’t do that 24hrs notice due to having young kid.
Plus i wasn’t last in lol at least 10 drivers after me

Davy, good luck with new job, hope everything works out okay for you and the family. :wink:

Thanks houndcat I’m sure a will get something

kent foods hillingthorpe