Decent regular work in Glasgow area

Moved up to bellshill over ther weekend, hoping to stay around a while but despite signing on with 5 agencys still no work, I’d rang a bloke who said that if I was there on Monday morning to sign on he would have work for me by lunchtime, signed on first thing Monday morning an still nowt off him, signed on with others who all promise loads of work then nowt.

Just wondered if anyone could recomend an agency or indeed a company that needs a class 1 driver short term

How strange as Glasgow well busy. I would highly recomend target recruitment (loads of exclusive contracts) and NAS in livingston for boots and coop, google them. If your doing agency it helps if your flexible. I do only sunday on agency and a shift is always there. Carntyne transport and mcpheresons is deffo worth a try if you have adr and or tanker experience.

Target is dead just now, they have a long list and like all agencies just give the work to the top men first.

Try YBL - They do asda a lot.

Oh and Alan at A&D Logistics is worth a call. Your arse will be sore but it’s good pay and good kit.

Try this

LGV CLASS 1 DRIVER

Vacancy from Jobcentre Plus
Job No:

BHL/14627
SOC Code:

Wage

£10.00 to £16.00 Per Hour
Hours

various
MOTHERWELL, Lanarkshire ML1
Duration

Temporary
Date posted

26 October 2011
Pension details

No details held
Description

We currently require LGV1 drivers for a large distribution company in North Lanarkshire. Applicants must have a flexible approach to working hours and shift patterns to include separated rest days if applicable to facilitate operational requirements including working weekends. These are fixed term positions to cover the peak period. You will be required to attend a driving assessment before commencement of work. You must also have no more than 6 points on your licence and have a valid digi card. This is being advertised on behalf of Spectrum Personnel who are an Employment Business.
How to apply

You can apply for this job by telephoning 01698 304545 and asking for Sharon Brodie.
Employer

Spectrum Personnel
Printer friendly

stagedriver:
Oh and Alan at A&D Logistics is worth a call. Your arse will be sore but it’s good pay and good kit.

:open_mouth: :astonished: not my experience with A&D only £7.50ph first 45 hrs then £10.50. Working 60+ hrs, container work. And out of the way in johnstone but asuming marlows taking his bus to work then iceland in livingston is easy to get with and much better pay, phone marc poli at search, office is in edinburgh. They also share boots work with NAS.

ADR network is master vendor at morrisons and co op NAS is there next prefered supplier for co op. ADR boys seem happy enough when I speak to them.

Was speaking to a NAS fulltime driver last week when doing my sunday shift at boots. Fussy as ■■ he was won’t do co op or tescos but he still getting 5 6 days a week.

Spectrum drivers are always always moaning, not recomended. There a big agency with fingers in lots of pies but…

Spectrum drivers are always always moaning, not recomended. There a big agency with fingers in lots of pies but…

Yeah, good advice - don’t go friggin’ near them!

And don’t go near Ten Five Live (or whatever they’re called!) either! Ten Five Live were created by disgruntled ex-Spectrum recruitment staff. The whole lot of them are clowns!

I’d honestly like to know how most of these people hold down these recruitment jobs, let alone form their own agencies!

There are some agencies that are good (not many!) in the Glasgow/Lanarkshire area. Fifth Wheel used to be great, and Vary Recruitment are good. Although anyone who feels differently feel free to correct me.

Best of luck.

Marlow. How did things turn out for you? :confused:

NAS aint bad to work for, Tesco used to be good but i know the reasons why folk wont do it and its not cause of the work its more the pay etc.

try manpower…ok their office is in grangemouth but they have the rm contract and its good work. plus coming up to xmas you can get plenty of work.

pavaroti:
Marlow. How did things turn out for you? :confused:

Signed on with a few more, did a shift for Driverhire, and at the moment I’m in at DHL at Bellshill, then next week I’m doing a full week at DHL Bellshill through Taskmaster. The rates arnt brilliant and they all seem to be straight through rates.

The agency that I contacted before I came up and promised that “if you sign on with us at 9am we will have you working at lunchtime” have only offered one job, in Perth :open_mouth:

I’ll see how it goes next week but if thing don’t improve I think I’ll head back down.

Thanks for all your help lads, Phil

Sorry to here that marlow maybe things will pick up when they get to know you. I don’t think theres too much difference in take home pay north or south of the border nowadays. Taskmaster supply carntyne transport and mcphersons if you have adr, that will give you £500 takehome if your selfemployed and I know those firms are well busy being inn the booming whisky business.

Taskmaster also supply to argos and british bakers both nice wee numbers.

Rates have gone down then up slightly NAS have always been good payers, taskmaster led the way in slashing rates in 2009 but rates have gone up slightly since.

Takehome pay depends on what type of worker you are as well with agency as they will always look after there 7 days a week guys first.

GIST: Bellshill, big sign outside the place looking to recruit Class One Drivers on the industrial Estate behind Morrisions.

Pollocks could have something, high driver turnover due to under £7 ph seems to be the usual comment about them, but at least you could be earning while looking for something better.

By the way, did you enjoy your meal and pint at Capos?