Agency work in or around Glasgow?

Im currently living in Corby, Northants and am currently getting plenty of work in the Leicestershire area. Ive only had my class 2 license 6 months so feel that Ive been pretty lucky to get in with alot of big companies through the agencies and that Im being kept busy, making decent money.

Im guessing the midlands is a good place to be for HGV work as its obviously central to the UK. I would really like to move back up the road though to Glasgow or just outside. Having a quick look on the job centre site and a couple of agency sites, the money doesnt seem as good in general as it is here? Just wondered if anyone from Glasgow could shed some light on how much agency work there is about at the moment and what the average rates or pay are?

Cheers

Danny

Seems to be plenty of work up here, I’m booked solid till jan and so is everyone else I know. Few agency lads bagged a full time job recently, but central Scotland seems to be the bees nees.

Not sure about C2 but C1 I’m on £8 basic, £10 after 8 hours - 13 hr days!

Can I ask who thats for?

Being the midlands, its quite easy to get in with the big boys here, ie Asda, Sainsburies, TNT, DHL, BP, etc. The norm for class 1 work here is £8 - 9, time and a half after 8 hours at some places and £11 - 12 weekends.

Class 1 £9.50 - 10.50 and £14 - 16 for weekends.

I read the thread about Polloks and it seemed that £6.50 - 7.50 an hour was the norm in Scotland?

From a work prospective, do you think I would be better staying down south or moving back to Scotland?

All those rates are an extra £1 an hour if you go self employed/LTD/umbrella btw…

of all the companies you chose to look up pillocks? i mean pollocks :blush:

dont bother with them or JBT. both are notoriously low payers. there are plenty of companies around the central belt with several sites so there is no shortage of work although pay will vary. class 1 should be no less than £8 p/h and that is recession money