8 Wheel Tipper

Just curious… but do you think a newbie would be considered for such a role?
I’m a 43 year old funeral director considering a career change; I’m not some daft young teararse (perhaps that would go against me…hahah) . Sensible opinions welcome!

Why not?

It seems that other Newbies here have got starts on tippers.
Although they may well have lower hygiene standards than a funeral director, and drive CONSIDERABLE faster! :grimacing:

On YouTube put in Luke C in hgv, he went from new pass straight into tipper work. Don’t be tempted to watch that clown ‘trucker jay’ there are more sensible options such as ‘fast as fox’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luke C in a HGV is a great channel, learned more from him than DCPC. If you’re serious, I’d watch his videos to scratch up on things like using equipment, tachos, etc, cause no bugger will teach you that. Except for some forkie or another driver who may or may not tell you how to do it (incorrectly).

Evil8Beezle:
Why not?

It seems that other Newbies here have got starts on tippers.
Although they may well have lower hygiene standards than a funeral director, and drive CONSIDERABLE faster! :grimacing:

Hahahahahahahah :slight_smile:

I went from pass to tipper work,
Newbies start all the time in the quarry I work out of,

Any reputable company should train you for a week as it’s a bit like learning a small part in the trade if you go down the tarmac route,

Cheers

Many thanks for that, it’s very encouraging to know some places give newbies a chance :wink:

undertaker:
Many thanks for that, it’s very encouraging to know some places give newbies a chance :wink:

I’ve driven all sorts of trucks over the last 27yrs long distance, local multi drop etc. Had a 9 yr break and now back driving a tipper for a living. my company have a few drivers with little experience but they are getting on well. get with a good company and you’ll be fine. I agree go on YouTube and watch Luke C in a HGV. Will give you an insite into the job. Good luck.

I only passed at the end of February and I started on a trail with a tipper on Thursday.

I’ve been lucky enough to have a quarry 10min from home (Clee Hill) and some driver mates. One has had me double manning his truck with him to get me some experience (he’s been driving loaded and I’ve driven back). I’m doing the loaded runs for 3 days next week (Again double manned) and after I do my MQPC (formally EPIC) on Friday I hope to be running the truck a few nights a week solo running tarmac out of Wednesbury.

Lots of companies seem to run newbies out of there. MQPC will be required, I’ve got a pile of induction paperwork to do before I can drive on site and H&S is (quite rightly) VERY tight.

Good luck :slight_smile:

undertaker:
Just curious… but do you think a newbie would be considered for such a role?
I’m a 43 year old funeral director considering a career change; I’m not some daft young teararse (perhaps that would go against me…hahah) . Sensible opinions welcome!

I like your thinking…reverse up to the grave, chuck the back up…whoosh and off you go!

I passed my class 2 , (aged 43) 3 years ago after having enough of being a social worker !! My first job was on a tipper and loved it. Yes it can be dirty but the best advice I can give is do not be worried about asking for a start, just be honest . IHAVE been o. Multy drop now for 6 months on fridge / freezer , and looking at doing class 1 now .

Just go for it

Many thanks for all the replies, very good confidence boost. Cheers

I passed my class two @ 38 just over two weeks ago and I’ve got a job on the 8 wheeler tippers starting in a week [emoji106]

Just remember the guys getting into it don’t take no xxxx ,your in charge of the safety of you the vehicle and others,

Don’t let some idiot talk you I to some thing that’s not safe, there will always be one who will,
"they told me to do it "won’t cut it if it goes wrong
Just the other day a guy tried to get me to tip the body up right under live power cables just because they did not want to move the paver to me,
Of course I said no way,
Remember they don’t know best and it’s on your head
Cheers

Just_Dave:
Just remember the guys getting into it don’t take no xxxx ,your in charge of the safety of you the vehicle and others,

Don’t let some idiot talk you I to some thing that’s not safe, there will always be one who will,
"they told me to do it "won’t cut it if it goes wrong
Just the other day a guy tried to get me to tip the body up right under live power cables just because they did not want to move the paver to me,
Of course I said no way,
Remember they don’t know best and it’s on your head
Cheers

Totally agree with this. And ALWAYS look up before tipping.

Dually noted , thank you