Hermes or Bargain Booze

New pass class 2 opportunity, any opinions on these two apart from don’t do it :smiley:

Out of the two, I’d go for Hermes. You’re a massive target with Bargain Booze.

Radar19:
Out of the two, I’d go for Hermes. You’re a massive target with Bargain Booze.

Yep same here as most Hermes class 2 trucks are only 12t so easier to drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermes if you don’t mind rushing about,at least you get a drivers mate with bargain booze but that said truck full of beer wine pop etc will be a pig when its full and as already said will be a target for low life’s on the rob no matter where you go.
Seen enough bargain booze trucks coming out of Crewe and they aren’t the fastest things always look like they are well battered and beaten up not that comfortable by the looks.

I used to work for Parcelnet (Hermes’ previous incarnation) and would say they are probably an excellent bet to get some experience (Pretty much all 7.5 tonners in those days). Firm but fair, they were very keen on following the rules like most corporates. I heard people regretted leaving them; it was/is quite regular (somewhat tedious IMO) work but, not being a morning person, eventually I didn’t need to get up at stupid o’clock 5.5 days a week.

Thanks gents, Hermes would appear the right choice then and the Burtonwood depot is only down the road. My only other option would be the offer of hiab work from an agency. She informed me that if I could get a remote certificate then she would have work. I recall her mentioning grab hiab so without going into great details with her on this initial phone call, I imagine it will be construction work. Is this a desirable alternative to Hermes ? Think hiab work brings in an extra couple of quid an hour generally ?

If you do go to work for herpes i mean Hermes please do not leave deliveries in the bin outside the house. I’ve lost loads because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk