Bargain booze crewe?

hi,any full time drivers for bargain booze on here…what are they like to work for and a rough idea of weekly take home…i know alot of lads seem to come and go on the agencies…but its the opinions of the full timers i`m after…your input appreciated,cheers,stu

one of our drivers used to work there on artics, he only used it to gain experience and then left, used to do several drops on South Coast.

Most of the smaller cat C trucks I see going out (our depot is on the same estate) are usually either double manned or triple manned.
I think theres only one of the crew that drives though,

one to drive
one to unload
one to stand guard (for the more financially challenged areas)

Not everyones cup of tea i would think but at least you’d be home every night.

Dont think they have many artics although i dont think I’d want to have a night out with a curtainsider advertising Bargain Booze on the side, bit of a givaway what youre carrying !

Where you based newtruckersdad ?

Cheers Toowise…we are based in winsford,sonny jims in there to see them monday,got his class 2 but were hitting the 2yr no experience catch 22 everywhere,,,hes getting agency work regular but then hes getting we have to pay the agencyfrom the firms when full time posts become available...all a bit frustrating for the lad....grapevine says the work can be heavy and some of the drivers mates can be completewindow lickers...but all this comes from agency drivers[who i take get all the crap runs]...just wondered whether they look after their regular drivers....in the end jobs a job..so will keep our fingers crossed...cant be that bad or there would be plenty ofdont touch with bargepole` advice off here…thanks for your reply…appreciated,Stu

from what i’ve seen when i deliver there its dray work, but without the barrels. trucks go out rammed to the rafters and it looks like all handball. used to be a lad on here that was called deeks, he used to / still does work for them

jonboy

Theres a BB shop in my town, I have seen them delivering once and it was 2 guys handballing about 4 trays at a time, defo a weetabix job.

I have worked for bargain booze out of leeds the company was called CVL very heavy work
but a job is a job :grimacing:

Thats the problem, you end up having to get your experience in a crap job, I have been there and got the t-shirt, lugging 50 x 30kg bags of laundry up a flight of stairs in the hight of summer, and thats just one drop out of 12 :imp:

i did this job for a few months, dont think i ever had a 45min break… the mangers seem to think if your made a brew at a shop thats your break :unamused: the 1st few days are a killer but you get used to it, but remember if your driving for a few hours the “mates” will be fast asleep, and if they is 3 of you your stacking the stuff on the edge of the wagon faster, i belive they arnt supposed to carry more than 2 cases a time, but if you did that the days would be very long!!! but when they are 3 of you shouldnt they be 3 seats? is sitting on the bunk safe and legal??

I did a couple of weeks agency there a few years ago & I can confirm it’s bloody hard work!

6 wheel Daf loaded to the max & all of it handball, ok it was double manned (1 driver) but if you’re not used to it (like me) that handball is a killer… I ached in places that I forgot existed!

Getting close enough to some of the shops is “testing” to put it mildly :wink: