Igloo/Hermes Parcelnet

These are advertising for drivers at the depot next to Burtonwood services, all seems good according to the ad. Anybody got any knowledge if it’s as good as it seems?
Any info much appreciated.

Cheers

Massive swerve.Absolute ■■■■ of a company and even bigger ■■■■ of a transport manager.

Thanks for that, think I’ll give it a miss then

Brewery organise and couldn’t spring to mind, depot in Tamworth before it was mothballed were paying drivers other people’s wages or not at all.

I worked for Appleton one when it first opened for 3 weeks. Job wasn’t bad apart from little things like getting oil. The manager was a prize ■■■■ tho. Only left cos offered better job.
I got this by text a few months ago it may help someone:

NEW RATES - WARRINGTON - IGLOO From WC 22.6.14, Pay rates are as follows for all PAYE & SELF EMPLOYED class 1 drivers. MON - FRI £10.30 pr hr - 06:00 - 19:00 £11.30 pr hr - 19:00 - 06:00 WEEKEND WORKING (Does not include Saturday) £15.00 pr hr - 00:00 - 06:00 - Sat/Sun £14.00 pr hr - 06:00 - 19:00 - Sunday £15.00 pr hr - 19:00 - 06:00 - Sunday PLEASE CONTACT JOANNA LOWE 07740177108 FOR FURTHER DETAILS, CURRENT EMPLOYEES, PLEASE SPEAK TO IGLOO ONSITE. Regards Igloo

I worked for Hermes in Bradford for a while before Xmas last year .

Easy runs, new trucks and the staff were OK. The runs all had a map and directions, with timings carefully worked out… sadly, by Mr. Google, that assumed a car was doing them!!

It was fine but as a temp. driver though and s/e at that, so probably not the full picture.

Thanks for the info folks

Search Igloo & hermes on here, there’s been previous threads about them on here. Probably horses for courses although my ring piece would be twitching every January…

Before hermes/parcelnet/direct line and any other name they have been called,got rid of grattons/freemans and got rid of their own drivers and became all igloo agency,it was one of the best jobs in yorkshire,if not the best :neutral_face:

Igloo agency idiots, they advertise as automotive for stobarts on sheppy, He can,t get transporter driver,s to work for what he pays, that,s why you see so many young driver,s driving 11 car outfits, because the pay is ■■■■ poor for us older drivers.

out of curiosity who is the TM there?

Some power mad ex army wannabe.

The TM at Nuneaton is pretty good to be fair but I wouldn’t put my johnson through igloos letter box.

Not sure if they still have the same set up, but there used to be a TM (who was rarely seen) and a trunking manager who did the day to day stuff. Both used to be OK at Bradford.
Doesn’t sound like they moved to Lancashire.

There only 4 drivers left on paye there its all se through igloo all day and night work no nights out. 14 hr shifts aren’t common but its an easy job the lads seem happy with it. Spoke to one he said I don’t charge enough as I’m direct to a parcel company until I only do 12 hrs aday

I’m thinking of applying as its close to me. Anyone know what the pay rates are, and can you work 3 - 4 days a week?

Will ask next time I see them should be at some point this week

Cheers. :smiley: . Also could anyone recommend an accountant, as i’m thinking of going self employed?

Silver_Surfer:
Search Igloo & hermes on here, there’s been previous threads about them on here. Probably horses for courses although my ring piece would be twitching every January…

This is a good point^^^ (though not necessarily hearing about the poster’s ring piece!)

My phone never stopped ringing in the run up to Xmas. Suits me that, beer money and all that! Come January, they went very, very silent. Now that is not a problem for me in my situation. But if I were a full timer/permanent member of the staff there, I think I’d be concerned about taking any jobs with a parcel company in the next couple of months.

Promise you the earth and drop you in January about covers it.

Doc Hollyday:
I’m thinking of applying as its close to me. Anyone know what the pay rates are, and can you work 3 - 4 days a week?

Saw one of the lads they are offering paye bit very few seem to take it paye 1030ph plus over time

Se is 1230 per hr and most seem to go this route I didn’t ask why could there treated better on se than paye to avoid over time