Getting a start on c+e

Hi All,
would appreciate a bit of advice.
Ive held a class 2 for over 30 years using it primarily driving wreckers on an interim basis between other commitments . I passed my C+E before xmas put everywhere ive tried for work want 12 months artic experience.
Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
Cheers Mark

Hi Mark.
Where abouts are you based?

Daytrunker:
Hi Mark.
Where abouts are you based?

Hi, Based Newcastle area.

Newcastle upon tyne :question:

There are jobs about up here you just have to go looking depends on what you want

i

animal:

There are jobs about up here you just have to go looking depends on what you want

i

Thanks , ive a test drive for Stobarts in a week or two and Walkers so hopefully something will come off.

Markord:

animal:

i

Thanks , ive a test drive for Stobarts in a week or two and Walkers so hopefully something will come off.

If you want a few more let us know might be able to help

animal:

Markord:

animal:

i

If you want a few more let us know might be able to help

Cheers pal, id appreciate any help or suggestions at the minute.

Markord:
everywhere ive tried for work want 12 months artic experience.

Is that what they said, or what their job adverts state?
I ask as most employers would like an employee with expereince over a Newbie, but it doesn’t mean they’ll get one. :wink:
That comes down to how much they are paying and whether an experienced driver can find better…
Which then leads to the logic that Newbies will get the left overs, generally equating to hard graft and crap money.

But you’re only a Newbie once, so keep trying pal and take what you can get as long as it’s all legal.
Once you’ve got some experience, having a pulse and washing now and then pretty much is all that’s required to get a gig…

Evil8Beezle:

Markord:
everywhere ive tried for work want 12 months artic experience.

Is that what they said, or what their job adverts state?
I ask as most employers would like an employee with expereince over a Newbie, but it doesn’t mean they’ll get one. :wink:
That comes down to how much they are paying and whether an experienced driver can find better…
Which then leads to the logic that Newbies will get the left overs, generally equating to hard graft and crap money.

But you’re only a Newbie once, so keep trying pal and take what you can get as long as it’s all legal.
Once you’ve got some experience, having a pulse and washing now and then pretty much is all that’s required to get a gig…

Cheers matey to be honest its been mainly agencies and adverts that state the 12 month rule, ill get sorted no doubt I was just surprised that having a class 2 for over 30 years stood for nothing .

Markord:
I passed my C+E before xmas put everywhere ive tried for work want 12 months artic experience.
Cheers Mark

Hi mate just wondering who you did your training with? I live near Hexham and I’m looking for somewhere at either Newcastle of Carlisle just not sure who to go with?
Cheers

Ask them how much more experience can you have?.. You’ve been driving wreckers for 30 years, probably pulling
fully loaded broken down artics & coaches no doubt??.. That’s just like an artic innit?..Articulated and
flipping LONG!! - if that doesn’t count for something then I don’t know what does mate! :smiley:

Experience is over-rated… even the most seasoned drivers can make monumental ■■■■-ups too you know!

Just be economical with the truth, or get an owner driver mate to knock you up a reference on a company
letterhead… but most of all use your past experience to get you in the door, keep trying as someone will
give you a break with enough persistence! Good luck :wink:

And… some others have referred to you as a ‘Newbie’… Sorry, but I can’t see how your a ‘Newbie’
considering what you’ve~been doing up until now… Get stuck in mate, don’t be disheartened, you’ll
get the break eventually!! :smiley:

Markord:
Hi All,
would appreciate a bit of advice.
Ive held a class 2 for over 30 years using it primarily driving wreckers on an interim basis between other commitments . I passed my C+E before xmas put everywhere ive tried for work want 12 months artic experience.
Cheers Mark

Fowler Welch in Washington might be worth a try, I was told they will take on new passes.

Have you tried local (to you) pallet firms? Most pallet networks seem to give new passes a shot :slight_smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truckerboysteve:

Markord:
I passed my C+E before xmas put everywhere ive tried for work want 12 months artic experience.
Cheers Mark

Hi mate just wondering who you did your training with? I live near Hexham and I’m looking for somewhere at either Newcastle of Carlisle just not sure who to go with?
Cheers

TTS would be nearest in Newcastle ( Kingston Park )

tynesidetrainingservices.co.uk

Not sure about Carlisle

Tyne and wear lgv at gateshead are very good

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

landroverman:
Tyne and wear lgv at gateshead are very good

Really :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Sorry but I don’t rate them same as a few other people I know ( did my class 2 with them long time ago )

Also Sunderland Lgv he is supposed to be good

Just my experience, also they were the only ones who bothered to relpy when i emailed several training firms around tyneside about c+e training

I phoned when something like that I never email that is just me

I had 6 different trainers in 5 days with Tyne & Wear that all ( yep I passed but didn’t think it was very professional of them to do that )

Truckerboysteve:

Markord:
Cheers Mark

Cheers

Hello mate,
I did my c+e with Logistic skills consultancy in Felling .
Ive no complaints the instructor was spot on .