New C+E driver

Hello people. I am 21 and got my class 1 a few months ago. Can’t get any work because companys seem to want 2 years experience. Can anybody help■■?

Unfortunatly mate we all have/had that problem when we start. Being 21 you will also get the “must be 25 for insurance purposes” :cry:
The best option is the agency’s (unfortunatly) and be prepared to take anything even if it is transit or 7.5 tonner.

All you can do is just keep plugging away at firms and hope that eventually 1 of them will give you a chance.

Good luck with your search.

(have a look at the “quickest way back into work” thread in the proffessional drivers forum. It is a sticky so at the top of the page. There is a lot of good advice in there about finding work, even though it is aimed more at experienced guys that have been made redundant. A lot of the tips work for newbies as well)

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome stevejdp :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
WELL DONE on passing C+E :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
However, many newbies on this site have recently secured permanent full time employment :smiley:

Semtex:
have a look at the “quickest way back into work” thread in the proffessional drivers forum

The quickest way back into work

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

Semtex:
Unfortunatly mate we all have/had that problem when we start. Being 21 you will also get the “must be 25 for insurance purposes” :cry:
The best option is the agency’s (unfortunatly) and be prepared to take anything even if it is transit or 7.5 tonner.

All you can do is just keep plugging away at firms and hope that eventually 1 of them will give you a chance.

Good luck with your search.

(have a look at the “quickest way back into work” thread in the proffessional drivers forum. It is a sticky so at the top of the page. There is a lot of good advice in there about finding work, even though it is aimed more at experienced guys that have been made redundant. A lot of the tips work for newbies as well)

Thanks alot for the advice guys :smiley:

Just keep at it

When you get a break make sure you take it

Strange you need 2 years experience i am having the same problem having held a class 2 for 20 years and have done most types of work including drawbars i recentley passed my class 1 imm begining to wonder why i botherd

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome bjd :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

bjd:
i recentley passed my class 1

:smiley: :smiley:
Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

bjd:
Strange you need 2 years experience i am having the same problem having held a class 2 for 20 years and have done most types of work including drawbars i recentley passed my class 1 imm begining to wonder why i botherd

Yeah it is going to put alot of people off getting LGV licences expecially now you need extra CPC tests and training.

Keep trying mate you will eventually be lucky enough enough to find someone who will give you a chance when i passed my class 1 at 21 i was lucky to find someone who let me straight out on european in a brand new truck so there are people willing to give you a chance