Couple of o/d questions?

I think you would be hard pressed to get anything in writing with regard to a “contract”.
With myself it is a verbal agreement that I will do a load Monday to Friday, and the company I haul for try their utmost to load me the same. I usually miss out a couple of days a year so then it gets booked in for the jobs that have been put on the backburner (cab mounts etc.)

The company I work for do not pay you if you fail a delivery if it is your fault, because of this I will not do the drops that turn you away if you are late, namely one over your booked time.

In the case of a breakdown then a phone call to the RDC usually does the trick.
One drop I definitely will not do is Morrisons as they charge the company I haul for £200 for a failed delivery. A mate of mine couldn’t deliver his load on the day it was booked and he was billed for the £200.

It’s not all bad though, in 8 yrs of “being on my own” I have only had one major upset, and that was when I arrived at Asda Dartford, and the security guard looked at my tickets to book me in and said “ this has got Asda Lutterworth on the delivery notes”.

I had gone in to load for Dartford and the lads started winding me up saying “you are going to Lutterworth tomorrow “ knowing that I do Dartford most days.
My failing was, not checking the delivery notes, but as they put the wrong load on me they paid me to take it to Lutterworth
:laughing: