Constructor 6 bushes

Need bushes for rear spring eyes on mid 80’s Constructor 6 light albion suspension, has anyone got any contacts as to who can supply. I’m in NZ, Thanks Geoff

Bushes - Owen Springs

Owens made me some new front springs for my foden I also bought brass spring eye bushes from them for ERF E series and 1970 Dennis ,worth a try .

The photo is from ■■■ website they do springs too .

Constructor 6 and ‘Albion’ suspension don’t necessarily seem to fit together as a familiar UK option. How many springs are there altogether for the rear bogie? The Albion rear bogie immediately brings up mental images of the non reactive suspension with various rods and bell cranks linking four springs.

archive.commercialmotor.com/arti … t-make-out

cav551:
Constructor 6 and ‘Albion’ suspension don’t necessarily seem to fit together as a familiar UK option. How many springs are there altogether for the rear bogie? The Albion rear bogie immediately brings up mental images of the non reactive suspension with various rods and bell cranks linking four springs.

Cav,
I have driven 1983 and 1985 models with the 2 spring rear bogie and also 1985 and 1986 models with the 4 spring rear bogie, the last 2 where mixer chassis, some of the late Bison’s also had the 2 spring rear bogie, made greasing round a lot faster on a Saturday morning!

cav551:

Scania six and eight wheel double drive outfits were available with an almost identical non reactive set up, except the moving parts on the Scania lasted a lot longer.

This is basic 3 spring 6 rod suspension no reactive rod etc , approx size of bush
2 7/8 OD x 1 7/16 pin x 3 1/2 wide

3 spring 6 rod is not making much sense. How many springs each side and how many leaves in each spring?

This set up but with the smaller hub ?

euroasiatrucks.com/productd … ion-98.htm

or this ?

euroasiatrucks.com/productd … ngs-97.htm

or something entirely different?

Post a chassis number and a picture. Some UK DAF dealers have held onto old Leyland/Scammell stock and the knowledgeable parts men will occasionally ring round the network to see if anyone holds what is wanted.

98 top photo but with lighter hubs, no shocks, I haven’t got access to truck at moment.
I used to run 4 Constructors doing silage here ,( Mainland Silage on FBook/Utube) were brilliant trucks, great low down torque .

Looks like you have an earlier Constructor with two spring bogie and Albion hub reduction. The heavier hubs were fitted after about 1985. Perhaps if you got some chassis numbers etc and contacted the Leyland Museum someone there may be able to point you in the right direction.
I think I have some Constructor spec sheets I can put on here if it will help.

Tyneside