Leyland Beaver / Albion

Found a few more Leyland/Albion Beaver pictures for those that are interested.

Ley%20DK.jpg

leylandsvensendk.png

leylandcouch.jpg

Greetings,All. I see that even on the brand new model,the factory still managed to put the wipers right in front of the driver’s eyes. :cry: :unamused: .Regards,900x20.

Hi, this LAD cab interior is that of an Albion Chieftain, Clydesdale and or Reiver up to 1962 at least they still had the traditional 4 spoke wire sprung steering wheel, I had a Clydesdale new in late 1962. I also drove a LAD cabbed Dodge which had the same type wheel but the distinctive instrument pane with rectangular subsiduary gauges. I never ever saw any other wagon with rectangular guages.
Hope this clears up the mystery.
Cheers Leyland 600.

Dieseldogsix:

LB76:

Do you know for sure if thats a leyland interior , as it looks like a dodge steering wheel with the wire spokes as opposed to the Leyland and Albion solid ones, also the hand brake looks like the ratchet type, I know there all the same cab, but they did have there little differences and I spent alot of time in all 3 makes in the 60,s, it was always my job to flash everyone in or say thanks as the big round knob in the middle were the lights.

hi dieseldogsix was just about to post that comment spent all the school hols across that bonnet working the lights and even the key in the middle, good time ,

Hey
My name is Ronald and i come from eastgermany.
I´m a fan of the Beaver and Albion trucks. In the 60 and 70 jears this trucks drive in the GDR.
I build this trucks in the Model in 1:87 and i such pictures from this trucks.
The cab of the beaver ist a specialbuild from britain for the GDR.
The trailer is a Scammel chassis and a smiths body.
I need the color of this trailer.
The Albion is also drive in the GDR.

K640_30-08-2010 07_51_55.jpg

f.jpg

Hi Ronald,

Ich möchte Sie herzlich willkommen heißen :smiley:

I’d like to congratulate you on starting such an interesting thread!!

I did several transits of the GDR in the 80s (Rudolphstein - Sassnitz,) but I didn’t see any Leylands.

I remember VEK and VEB Deutrans, which ran mainly Liaz and Volvos, …

:open_mouth: Oh, and I remember the Volkspolizei in their Ladas. :frowning:

I’m also interested to know the answer, so I do hope that our members can answer your question. :smiley:

Hello Ronald,Welcome to Trucknet UK,I found this picture in a Leyland Journal…July 1967 :smiley:

I hope this helps you.
Cheers Bubbleman, :wink:

Well done Bubbs.

Welcome Ronald, i remeber those old beavers well, i used to see them often when i was stationed in germany, keep the photos coming!
Bill

Does anyone know if Leyland supplied LAD sleeper cabs from the factory, or were all the export chassis with such cabs converted by local coachbuilders?

I dont know for certain , but i am of the inpression that they were factory supplied, several other firms had them as well notably Stevens from Gt Ayton they did need a long wheelbase though.

Guten tag Ronald,

This may be of interest:
baumaschinenbilder.de/forum/ … adid=27543

That last photo posted by Mr. LB76 cetainly looks like a factory build, with the side windows recessed into the panel. Most I have seen on the internet, though, seem to be like the one below, which appears to be from the same fleet as that posted by Ronald at the start of the thread- with the rather quaint rounded side windows.
gokhan_diler_ley4.jpg

LB76:

Do you know for sure if thats a leyland interior , as it looks like a dodge steering wheel with the wire spokes as opposed to the Leyland and Albion solid ones, also the hand brake looks like the ratchet type, I know there all the same cab, but they did have there little differences and I spent alot of time in all 3 makes in the 60,s, it was always my job to flash everyone in or say thanks as the big round knob in the middle were the lights.

This may be of interest:
baumaschinenbilder.de/forum/ … adid=27543

This is an interesting site. Lots of stuff we’ve perhaps not seen before.

Dieseldogsix:

LB76:

Well to me the door looks to be a long one, so that rules out Dodge? :wink:

Pete.

windrush:

Dieseldogsix:

LB76:

Well to me the door looks to be a long one, so that rules out Dodge? :wink:

Pete.

That ain’t a Dodge.I drove a Dodge Kew,they never had as many dials on the dash as that.I would say its a Leyland.

This is the Dodge interior.Dashboard totally different plus the bonnet and a single pull handbrake.Looking at the pictures below it could be an Albion or Leyland.
DODGE D308.jpg
DODGE D 308 DASHBOARD.jpg
This one is a Leyland Comet LAD cab

And this one is a Albion LAD cab

Many thanks for your informations and pictures. We have in germany not many informations about Leylands.
I find this Trucks absolut fantastik.
I build this Trucks in a model 1:87.Here some pictures from the models.

The models are only color. I will paint the trucks in the next time.

Great stuff being posted on here now all these pictures of LAD Leyland Beavers! keep them coming! Thanks for the last couple from “ironpig” too .