Hino springs

Just a question for all hino drivers and owners. Are broken springs a common problem■■?. We have Volvo’s, daf, scania’s and hino(tippers) the only vehicles to break springs are hino does anyone else have this problem?

never had a problem with the springs on the one I drove for about two years

I would have loved to have snapped a spring on it so I got something else to drive while it was being repaired :sunglasses:

Wasn’t main leaf on the back was it ? I remember mains on the back breaking if the brakes were put on hard on a dry road and empty… just ripped 'em apart. This was when I was working on Leylands in the 60’s.

I remember when loads of Hinos were sold around here when Foden finished, I heard ODs saying that springs, bushes etc were more expensive than many other makes but it was the low price for a new wagon which attracted them.
Funnily enough, all the ODs around here that bought them went bust or shut up shop before they went bust.

am certain my old mans one had them changed a few times.

Thanks for the replies. A couple of different lorries on the front and back (different occasions, different drivers).

May just be crap steel. Some Mitsubishi cars over here suffered from sagging front coils because of that. I took one of ours in to get them re set and the smithy told me about it, so we had new ones.

Hino stopped building now don’t see new ones anymore?

Mullens:
Hino stopped building now don’t see new ones anymore?

It’s the biggest truck maker in Asia, they make way more trucks than European makers still , 13,561 last year worldwide.

European ones are assembled in Portugal I think.

Muckaway:
I remember when loads of Hinos were sold around here when Foden finished, I heard ODs saying that springs, bushes etc were more expensive than many other makes but it was the low price for a new wagon which attracted them.
Funnily enough, all the ODs around here that bought them went bust or shut up shop before they went bust.

Me too. Would have been about 88/90.

In Brum at the time and a local ‘dealer’ was offering a very low price plus amazing low deposit finance deals to just about anyone.

Hinos were everywhere for about two years and then they all disappeared, funnily enough
along with the ‘dealer’ who sold them the truck and more importantly the finance.

Never saw it, but heard loads of rumours of trucks ending up in local landfill sites in an effort for an insurance claim.