Importing Tractor Unit

Is anyone familiar with the process of importing a tractor unit into the UK from mainland europe?

The truck is a 2016 LHD Actros with a Certificate of Conformity. After registering it with HMRC through the NOVA system as far as I can make out it is just a case of changing the headlamps for left hand traffic and making sure it has an offside fog lamp on the rear, then fill the forms in?

Anyone have any experience?

No personal experience but funnily enough was talking to a mate last week who’s currently jumping them hoops. Bought a Scania from a Dutch seller but lorry was in Norway! He started the whole process in March and it finally looks like by the end of October he’ll have it on the road. As you mentioned the lights need to be pointing the right way, the speedo need to have MPH as the dominant figure etc. Apparently it needs an MOT with a special code as it can’t yet be registered on Brit plates, once the Brit plates are sorted it needs re MOT’ing and recalibrating (tacho) with the new number plate.

Sorry I can’t give you all the details but it was a 20 minute bitchfest phone call from him! :smiley:

Q. What taxes will be due after Dec 31st?
A. Dunno.

Franglais:
Q. What taxes will be due after Dec 31st?
A. Dunno.

This is why I am doing it now :laughing: :laughing:

the maoster:
No personal experience but funnily enough was talking to a mate last week who’s currently jumping them hoops. Bought a Scania from a Dutch seller but lorry was in Norway! He started the whole process in March and it finally looks like by the end of October he’ll have it on the road. As you mentioned the lights need to be pointing the right way, the speedo need to have MPH as the dominant figure etc. Apparently it needs an MOT with a special code as it can’t yet be registered on Brit plates, once the Brit plates are sorted it needs re MOT’ing and recalibrating (tacho) with the new number plate.

Sorry I can’t give you all the details but it was a 20 minute bitchfest phone call from him! :smiley:

Stralis isn’t MPH dominant.

^^^^ neither is the MAN I drive, but I was merely repeating what I’d been told.

the maoster:
^^^^ neither is the MAN I drive, but I was merely repeating what I’d been told.

That Karen has a lot to say…
[emoji3]

What, no rafts of links to dispute the MAN speedometer? :wink:

the maoster:
What, no rafts of links to dispute the MAN speedometer? :wink:

Why?
You never read them!
Huff! Puff!
Do you ever scroll through all the T&Cs on online contracts?
Follow this link…
huffpost.com/entry/gamestat … o_n_541549

Steve H:
Is anyone familiar with the process of importing a tractor unit into the UK from mainland europe?

The truck is a 2016 LHD Actros with a Certificate of Conformity. After registering it with HMRC through the NOVA system as far as I can make out it is just a case of changing the headlamps for left hand traffic and making sure it has an offside fog lamp on the rear, then fill the forms in?

Anyone have any experience?

Make sure it has a an MPH Speedo in it, it’s not standard in Europe and is a different factory code for the UK, if it hasn’t, that is expensive, SITRA made that mistake on a few…

Sorted.

It’s the easiest thing in the world to do after the VAT is paid to HMRC.

Two right hand drive headlamps for left hand traffic - 90 Quid Ebay.

UK Speedometer/Instrument cluster - 350 + Vat from snows at Bristol and an hours labour to fit and programme at Mercedes.

Statement of compliance from Mercedes UK - 175 Quid.

Submit forms and pitch up at nominated DVSA Centre for IVA Test - Get Cert.

Send another load of forms to DVLA with IVA Cert - await delivery of V5C :slight_smile: Voila.