Buying from Holland?

Hi all.
Anyone bought tractor units in from Holland/Germany at all? A dealer out there has got some that fit my requirements perfectly,but I don’t know the first thing about getting them tested/registered etc,over here.He has assured me he will provide me with Transit,(temporary I presume),plates,but where do I stand after that?Advice needed!
Cheers,
Lance

dieseldan340:
Hi all.
Anyone bought tractor units in from Holland/Germany at all? A dealer out there has got some that fit my requirements perfectly,but I don’t know the first thing about getting them tested/registered etc,over here.He has assured me he will provide me with Transit,(temporary I presume),plates,but where do I stand after that?Advice needed!
Cheers,
Lance

I bought a truck from Germany early this year and the dealer supplied 5 day temp registration & green card insurance (200 Euro’s I think?) & I just drove it back to Calais.

This is what I bought :sunglasses: a 1994 F16

For registration you’ll need the European Type Approval certificate from the truck maker, Volvo UK in my case, they will forward that to some new government body that know absolutely nothing about trucks, just more paper shoveling idiots that ‘like to say NO!!’. I can’t remember the name of this ‘body’ but you need to book a VOSA test through them and a friend of mine was trying to register a 1989 F12 & they wouldn’t book his test till a garage sent a letter confirming that side marker lights & speed limiter were fitted & working. His fitter told him that due to the age of the truck no yellow markers are needed so he phoned them, they just said, “OK” & booked him a test.

Once tested the registration process isn’t too complicated, good luck.

Ross.

PS, don’t forget to take your VAT registration certificate or they’ll probabaly charge you a few hundred Euro’s bond to cover the German VAT!!