Transferring a southern irish unit to uk

Has anyone had any experience of re-registering a southern irish registered unit here in the uk and know what is involved and rough time period it will take
simon

V55/5 - Application for a first licence for a used motor vehicle and declaration for registration

dft.gov.uk/dvla/onlineservic … spx?ext=dg

you could be opening an expensive can of worms here!
i know a haulier that bought 2 southern irish 8 wheelers, if he had wanted to put them on the road it would have cost a fortune eg the speedo only read in km, the headlights did not have the correct hight ajuster,the suspension had the wrong type of springs, just a few things that would not pass a uk mot/test
the truck would have had to go to scania to have the speedo re calibrated and only the main uk scania agent could do this and not just a taco calibration centre.
as it would have cost 2k+ to get them right so they both went back to auction.
a lot of southern irish trucks dont conform to eu specs so watch what you are doing!

Did more research on it was originally a uk registered truck for first 15 months of use then reregistered in Ireland so just a case of calibrating tacho ( done today) having mot ( booked ) and transferring back onto uk plates it originally carried

turnbull2012:
Did more research on it was originally a uk registered truck for first 15 months of use then reregistered in Ireland so just a case of calibrating tacho ( done today) having mot ( booked ) and transferring back onto uk plates it originally carried

Hi Turnbull,

What make/model did you pruchase…What is it like conditionwise?

Riverstick:

turnbull2012:

Hi Turnbull,

What make/model did you pruchase…What is it like conditionwise?

i bought an early 105.460 manual superspace which originated when new from the ipswich area then was resprayed for hanbury riverside at around 12 months old and appeared on there stand at truckfest in 2008 following that it left the uk and was operated by an owner driver from southern ireland from what i gather he used mainly pulling fridges for mcburney, conditionwise it is in very good condition and is in for mot in next couple of weeks with only attention required been discs and pads on the drive axle3 and a new tail pipe on its exhaust there are a few pics of it posted on here and hopefully it will be on the road in next few weeks to enable me to get our xf95 mot prepped as it is also due its mot in december

simon

iv imported quite a few trucks in my 31 years in the job right back to a transcon from belguim in 83 if the truck is from another eec country all you need is a letter of comformity from daf carry out the mods if any tacho with mph you can use stickers anti spray rear fog etc then you will have to contact the vehicle certification agency in west gate bristol they will send all the relivant imformation type approval nos variant nos etc to vosa swansea then apply to vosa for the test when it passes it will be on a z number instead of reg when you register it at your local tax office you will need to do a c386 tax declaration for the vat then send the test and plate back to vosa for the correct reg to be entered hope this helps