iveco eurostar

as anyone run one and was it reliable i know they are prone to rust and i know some will tell me not to bother with it but if i start up sometime in the new year i dont wanna break the bank by buying top end motors i want a big cab 400plus engine and preferbly 6x2 ive tried dollar industries in stoke but their websites playing up but ive been told i can pick up a decent one for around 10 grand any sensible feedback appreciated :laughing: .cheers

make sure theres only one imobiliser :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Get hold of Ianyng, he’s got a nice Y-reg Eurostar and might do you a good deal on it if you ask him nicely. Think it’s a 430 lump. He’s only a [zb] down the A50 from you too.

Give it a whirl. :bulb:

ah ianyng its alright alix i,ll only be doing uk so i,ll not end up on any chanel cruises :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ahem… Mind not talking about me behind my back please?

You know the rules - we only do that with Rob K and KitKat. :laughing: :laughing:

Carl theres some here http://www.smithbrosltd.com

Theres 2 6x2’s and 1 4X2. Not sure if its exact what your looking for, and doesnt say price.

If i see any more then il post them, is it only Eurostars aswellâ– â– ?

ianyng:
Ahem… Mind not talking about me behind my back please?

You know the rules - we only do that with Rob K and KitKat. :laughing: :laughing:

How’s it behind your back on a public forum ? It was only a suggestion. :smiley:

Ahhhh shuddup! :laughing:

Bit late in the conversation, but don’t get the 430 with the cursor as they could cost a fortune to repair, get the earlier 420 with the 16 speed. Yes they do scab, we have a 6 X 2 tractor and also a 96 17 ton Eurocargo both especially suffer from grotty doors but otherwise they give good service, plenty of power and mpg is not bad (better than 320 FL10).

carl, get yourself an ERF i know they’re not everyones cup of tea but for 10k you can get a very nice motor if you go to the right place. not knocking the iveco cus i’ve never had one.

ooh NO :open_mouth: not an italian bedford

Difficult one this.

I know you dont wanna outlay much to start up but I’m afraid it’s gonna be a case of you get what you pay for.

If it were me with that budget I’d look at a 32 series scanny (the last best moptor they made) or maybe an early FH DAF95 ? tho not too early on the 95 :wink:

You could go for an ERF as their owners do tend to look after 'em but I’d consider all these options before looking at Iveco or Seddon

Just my personal opinion

You’re not still thinking of starting up on your own are you Carl? :open_mouth:

no mate that post is from august its just been picked up by the lads.but thanks for the advice anyway guys.ive not worked since the end of may due to my wifes ill health the plan was to start up in the new year but thats not gonna happen now as she still isnt well and wont be for quite a while.although i am doing my cpc home study course national and international just to keep my hand as when im able to go back to work the only thing i plan on driving is a desk :laughing:

Sorry to haer about the missus Carl give 'er me best thoughts

cheers mate :wink: