Gibbs Fraserburgh My Dads Iveco

Will whack a pic of our M reg Eurotech on here for you to drool over just as soon as i find out how to do it! :smiley:

I’ve spoken about my dads Iveco and Gibbs quite a lot on these forums so thought I would post a few photos.

[/img]

Thats a cracking looking truck. Did he have it brand new? bet it was a top tool in its day. I had a 380 one with a twin spliter, lovely truck, got replaced with a 380 Eurostar, with the slap across 16 speed :frowning: . Not as good.

Yeah my dad got it brand new and had it for about 5 years before he left Gibbs after being with them 28 years. When it was new I thought it was well ahead for its time, in the cab was a lot better than the scanias in that time. My dads one was a 380 aswell. Still remember only being small sitting in it brand new with still the white seat covers on helping my dad move everything out his old DAF into the Iveco. I’m looking for a really clean eurotech to the same spec as my dads to do a replica for the shows but finding ones hard.

I know what you mean about them being ahead of their time, about 12 months ago though did some agency work, and drove on 04 plate Eurostar which must have been one of the last registered ones. The dash and layout had not changed one bit, couldnt believe it was an 04 plate truck, also it was auto which was crap.
As for buying one most of the ones that didnt rot were exported I would imagine, best of luck with that be sure to put some before and after pics, when you do get one

Yeah I know what your saying about the eurostar, gibbs had a few just before they finished, the last one they had was leather inside with a wooden dash etc, it was still the same dash but that two things made a huge difference to the interior. The eurotronic gearbox i thought was quite smart but I think I would rather prefer a manual if working on the lorry. Yeah I hope I do find something, was also looking at an old gibbs DAF but I’ll see what happens.