A big thanks to all

Just wanted to say a big thank you to all those who have helped me through the set up of becoming an owner driver, especially Sean (NSH), Neil (Coffeeholic), Paul B and Renaultman, your help and advice has been invaluable.

I have just bought a truck and while it’s not what i origianally was going to buy (wanted a Volvo FH12) she is none-the-less perfect for the job and to be perfectly honest is probably the smartest thing i couldv’e done, i.e. right truck, right price, this will free up important cashflow while not compromising the abillity to do a day’s work.

Yep, a bit old (96 N plate) but boy has she been looked after, 1 owner from new and serviced and seen to by Ro Truck. They confirmed that indeed she has had a lot of money spent on her and is in tip top condition. The interior is one of the best for the year i’ve seen with no ‘bit’s’ missing either

Despite the 500 badge she is actually a 450 (something to do with previous owners personalised reg plate!)

So once again thank you to all

Richard

Good luck in your new venture Richie.

well done Neil was going round in circles with the image :blush: so thanks matey :smiley:

Hey Richie - what about me■■? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Nice looking truck Richie. I was watching one similar here. Did you get a better deal than this??

Good luck with your venture.

According to that Marcus that is a 4 door Scania. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Never seen one of those. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Depends on the definition of doors maybe :question:

Driver, passenger and a locker (with a door on it) each side?? :blush: :wink: :wink:

Can you get an estate version as well??

Scania do a ‘motorhome’ version :open_mouth:

ianyng:
Can you get an estate version as well??

I’ve seen some that are inastate. :wink: :smiley:

richiessex:
especially Sean (NSH),

you’re making me blush now

glad to help you have a pm

So sorry ianyng massive apologies and massive thanks to you too :wink:

marcustandy:
Nice looking truck Richie. I was watching one similar here. Did you get a better deal than this??

yes mate paid £9k and they are gonna put a single eminox and some spot lights on it for me

got MOT till feb 06 too

you made a good choice there to start off with richie,i had one of them when i started on my own and that old V8 never missed a beat in the 200000km,s i did with it,over 2 years and the engine never had a spanner on it! just go steady with you right foot though because they can drink the juice if you get a bit carried away, good luck

nice one ritchie, heres wishing you the best of luck.

Cheers cleversdad and Paul.

From what i’ve been told and read on here regards these trucks as long as you get one that’s been looked after and as long as you continue to look after them, they won’t let you down

As far as them being ‘drinkers’ again being aware of it and driving sensible should see me right, but like everyone says she’s a good truck to start off with

so what sort of work are you going to have a go at?

I’m going to start on Hanbury Davis, not the best rates but as i have worked out all my figures on their rates i know i can make a living and pay for everything.

But i will of course keep an eye open for other work, but at the end of the day there are plenty of subbies on witht them so it can’t be that bad can it :question:

Good one Richie, hope it’s work’s out at Hanbury’s .

Cheers TC