New member (info wanted)

just like to start by saying hello to everbody have been watching your discusions for some time now been driving class 1 just over 10 yrs made redundent 1 1/2 yrs ago have had various jobs since with the last being on heavy recovery i am now looking at becoming o/d sat national cpc last yr currently selling every thing that 's not nailed down looking for info regarding set up ie best place for insurance/ truck going to be scania /or volvo prefer globetrotter / what type of work to aim at / lease or hp / been down to eurowise m20 guy recomended lease he had some not bad trucks or is it better to go to main dealer

Hi EBBY, welcome to trucknet. There are a “few” threads to read on this forum, envolving starting out as a o/d. Best read them all !! . Like every thing in life , the money you have available or saved will determine your starting out dream. All i can say, is you need alot of money !!!. There are some driver’s on here with good advice, who have been there and done it, just ask. :smiley: :smiley:

thanks for that

HI and welcome to TruckNet UK EBBY :smiley:

Welcome aboard - you’ll find that they are all just big pussycats on this site :wink: But really well informed and not a bit opinionated
Please keep us informed of your progress.

Hi Ebby,
My advice is don’t just look at the perverbial Volvo/Scania units, there are other much better value trucks out there for new starts from other makes.Also don’t even think about going O/D unless you have a min £15 grand sitting in the bank :open_mouth: :frowning: .
First of all before you even start looking at trucks you need to set up a business bank account and get reg for VAT.

Big Truck:
Hi Ebby,
My advice is don’t just look at the perverbial Volvo/Scania units, there are other much better value trucks out there for new starts from other makes.Also don’t even think about going O/D unless you have a min £15 grand sitting in the bank :open_mouth: :frowning: .
First of all before you even start looking at trucks you need to set up a business bank account and get reg for VAT.

thanks for the response to everyone the sum of £15k was Quoted as a start up price by a guy i sat cpc with who was going to run bulkers . just tying up loose ends probably few month before i can fully focus on starting up im gathering up all the info i can as don’t want to rush into it and think i made right choice sighning up here for constant source of info

Hi Ebby, if you want to look for my posting here:

http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=123409&sid=ef82400042ee68ca99578fe3264d12d5#123409

there is a fair detailed list of many of the things to be taken into consideration…though ofcourse the figures will be considerably different for an artic.

Driveroneuk:

http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=123409&sid=ef82400042ee68ca99578fe3264d12d5#123409

there is a fair detailed list of many of the things to be taken into consideration…though ofcourse the figures will be considerably different for an artic.

hi there thanks for reply just back from truckfest where i also spoke to some onwer drivers for first hand info mutch appreciated :smiley:

EBBY:

Driveroneuk:

hi there thanks for reply just back from truckfest where i also spoke to some onwer drivers for first hand info mutch appreciated :smiley:

Did you see Sally Traffic ? She’ll give you plenty…of advice!!! :wink:

Welcome anyhow!! Look at threads on this post, theres tonnes of info about starting up

routier:

EBBY:

Driveroneuk:

Did you see Sally Traffic ? She’ll give you plenty…of advice!!! :wink:

Welcome anyhow!! Look at threads on this post, theres tonnes of info about starting up

hi no did not see s traffic for info :confused: but it was a good day out with plenty of ad vice with differant views only one complaint was the guy selling the toffee and fudge etc you take small bag and fill it with what you want i did not go daft about 12 bits mixed the guy put it on scale and confirmed the price of £ 6.38 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: as it was for my daghter who was with me i did not throw it back at him had to grin and bear it but this guy is now called the sweety swindler and not seller

think with the price of fuel at the mo, I would be thinking of doing sumthin else!
Unbelievable!

routier:
think with the price of fuel at the mo, I would be thinking of doing sumthin else!
Unbelievable!

i see what you mean but its the old story if i don’t try ill always wonder what if :slight_smile: plus i would be doing something i like doing its at the stage now where everytime a truck passes my unit i am more eager to be out there . im going to agency tommorow to see what they have to offer as stop gap work but there is also a company in stirling area looking for bulk tipper driver for distance advertising wage of £400 -£500 net per wk also phoned local company derek heeps same thing bulk tippers i was told he is needing drivers see if i get reply