A big thanks to all

Glad to hear everythings sorted Richie. Hope it works out for you.
Handy colour to have the truck in hey, looks smart aswell.

Cheers MAD, according to Sean (NSH) the previous owner had it on Hanbury and sold cos he got a new truck so gonna be a surprise for him when i turn up in it :slight_smile:

Good luck mate, remember, to climb up the poularity ladder, be prepared to do the jobs that no-one wants. It’s them early/late deliveries and Saturday Mornings that are most appreciated, and will hopefully, get you the better regular work. :wink:

Just seen your post.

This is great news!!!

I just know you are going to be a massive success.

Please remember you are only liniation is your own imagination.

…good luck!!!

Sunshine

Thanks renaultman, luckily hard work and long hours have never bothered me so i reckon i’m ready for whatever they throw at me, so long as it pays well :wink:

Thanks sunshine :wink:

Richie when do you actually go “on the road” officially?

I’ve been keeping an eye out trying to spot your motor but had no luck as yet.

Wasn’t happy with the brakes so took into Scantruck at Purfleet last week for them to give it a good seeing too, at the moment there is £2k worth of repairs to be done to it, :open_mouth: :imp: but the brake test computer broke down and is awaiting repair so i’ll have to wait till Tuesday for the results, I have spoken to the dealer who says that he had no idea about the faults (which is fair enough as most of the estimated repair costs are for labour :unamused: ) but if it fails the brake test I will be taking it back for a full refund whether the dealer likes it or not.

I’ll just have to start over again, luckilly i have still have my job for an income, i’ll keep you posted

richiessex:
Wasn’t happy with the brakes so took into Scantruck at Purfleet last week for them to give it a good seeing too, at the moment there is £2k worth of repairs to be done to it, :open_mouth: :imp: but the brake test computer broke down and is awaiting repair so i’ll have to wait till Tuesday for the results, I have spoken to the dealer who says that he had no idea about the faults (which is fair enough as most of the estimated repair costs are for labour :unamused: ) but if it fails the brake test I will be taking it back for a full refund whether the dealer likes it or not.[/b]
I’ll just have to start over again, luckilly i have still have my job for an income, i’ll keep you posted
[/quote]
And if the dealer does anymore than laugh at you and tell you to do one I’d be extremely surprised. Of course he’s going to say ‘well I didn’t know anything about it’ - he’s a businessman trying to sell wagons, whatever the cost. :unamused: . Hope you manage to shake off the naivety pretty quickly else you’re gonna find yourself out of business very rapidly if you believe everything you’re told.
Gold luck though :smiley: .

I enjoy your posts on here Rob, from your week at work to your (sometimes) ‘i’ll say it as i see it’ attitude.

But as far as being naive, not at all, you see i am very aware that i have 14 days to return this vehicle, especially if it was sold in an unroadworthy condition OR if it was sold with defects.

I have informed the dealer who assures me that if there is a problem with the brakes (on top of the defects) then he will (depend on costs) either put the problems right or offer a full refund.

Perhaps I should’ve made that clearer in my original post and for that I apologies.

Thanks for your comments though and don’t forget your camera next week :wink:

Panic over :smiley:

Brakes just needed a litlle ‘nip’ up and it seems that the receptionist got her sums wrong, :unamused: there is not £2k worth of defects at all, infact the bulk of the defects are bulbs, fog lights and dash board lights…big deal i’ll do that myself

The biggest job is dropping the prop shaft to get to a ‘very slightly’ leaking seal, they quote 4-5 hours labour to replace a £5 seal and according to the workshop manager it doesn’t need changing, so no worries

Onward and upward :smiley:

I might be wrong here, but 4-5 hours sounds a long time to drop the prop shaft out and change a seal. The wreckers that pull you in from the hard shoulder seem to drop the prop out a ■■■■ sight quicker than that. Last bloke I knew break down had it out in about 20 minutes !!. Mind you the recovery guy was on a promise and not to pleased at having to go out and pull my mate in !!. Guess he had an incentive to get it off quicker. :laughing: :laughing:

You had me worrried there for a while.

That does seem excessive to drop a prop (I’m a poet & I didn’t know it :stuck_out_tongue:)

So I shall be seeing you this week then?

Allegedly it takes them 4 hours but should bank on 4-5 hours because it’ll need ‘cleaning’ :unamused:

I think i’ll just use Scantruck to do the 6 weekly inspection and MOT as i can see them being a bit of a money pit when it comes to repairs

Sean; I am still waiting to hear from Paul Andrews up at Felixstow, but now i know everything is ok i’m gonna give him a call in the morning, fingers crossed i hope to start by this Monday coming, i just didn’t want to take a vehicle out on the road that could land me in trouble.

You wont be able to get hold of Paul Andrew he’s left Hanbury.

I dont know who has took on his workload but I’m sure the ■■■■■■■ the switchboard will put you right

Paul Andrews apparently gone to Forest Freight :laughing:
Think this lass has taken over :wink:

LGV1 SUB CONTRACTORS

Please contact Jacqui Spicer on 01394 612617 or email jacqui.spicer@hanburydavies.co.uk for further information.

think this is the way all garages work, they’ll quote you an hourly rate so you can compare one to another but when you want something doing the hours they qoute/charge are far more than the job warrants! i once changed a fuel filter with the help of a garage owner, it took all of twenty minutes, when i got the monthly invoice he’d charged me two hours labour :open_mouth: needless to say that bill was “revissed” before i paid it!

Ah so that’s why I haven’t heard from him, the person I need to speak to is at lunch as I write this so I will get it sorted out this afternoon (just got home from work) so thanks for the info guys

Paul, luckily the fitter where I work now has agreed to carry out repairs for a drink or two here and there :wink: nice to have friends innit :smiley:

well, if he drinks as much as me you might be in bother!

Still be cheaper than Scantruck mate :wink: