iveco eurostar

does anybody know of anyone that breaks iveco eurostars as im restoring a v8 one and need a few bits and pieces

just follow one and pick up bits as they drop off

f88vol:
does anybody know of anyone that breaks iveco eurostars as im restoring a v8 one and need a few bits and pieces

Was there ever a V8 under a Eurostar ? . . are you sure you dont mean a Turbostar ?

Suedehead:

f88vol:

Was there ever a V8 under a Eurostar ? . . are you sure you dont mean a Turbostar ?

The 400E52 had the V8 520bhp engine, the same basic motor as the 420 & 480 Turbostar but with the Eaton SAMT box. :confused:

Ross.

bigr250:

Suedehead:

f88vol:

The 400E52 had the V8 520bhp engine, the same basic motor as the 420 & 480 Turbostar but with the Eaton SAMT box. :confused:

Ross.

I had one, the SAMT can be turned back into a twin splitter too, you need the linkage from the Sudden Accident with the IVECO cab, they’re an absolute animal of a lorry and will eat a Scania for breakfast, although Europleb’s remark does have a ring of truth to it and did make me chuckle :laughing:

newmercman:

bigr250:

Suedehead:

f88vol:

Ross.

I had one, the SAMT can be turned back into a twin splitter too, you need the linkage from the Sudden Accident with the IVECO cab, they’re an absolute animal of a lorry and will eat a Scania for breakfast, although Europleb’s remark does have a ring of truth to it and did make me chuckle :laughing:

Typically Italian, the engine is fantastic, the rest of it falls to bit!!(AlfaSud’s anyone?)

Suedehead:

f88vol:

shes definetely a v8 and at 17153cc bigger than any them silly scanias better roar and has been converted to a twin splitter they go like the wind and wat a wonderful sound when it goes past swedish scrap ohhh sorry scania

i actually drove one for a few italian trips for reads european.17 litre v8 went well but golloped fuel,it had automatic snow chains,you switched em on and a hub turned throwin small lenghts of chain under the drive axle tyres.they were good in the respect that all you wanted was standard, fridge,climate controll,. cruise control ,6 stacker cd and leather…with a scania of the time a driver got sod all

2 v8 eurostars ran by as taylor awesome motors and boy did they sound well :sunglasses:

f88vol:

Suedehead:

f88vol:

shes definetely a v8 and at 17153cc bigger than any them silly scanias better roar and has been converted to a twin splitter they go like the wind and wat a wonderful sound when it goes past swedish scrap ohhh sorry scania

I stand corrected :blush:
Ho hum . . live and learn , i drove a Eurotech 340 with an Eaton t/s :smiley: :smiley:

They were an awesome machine, full of kit inside, the Alto cab was enormous, lots of gadgets too, mine had a Webasto heater that kept the engine warm, they had air ride on the front axle too, useful for levelling out when parked for the night on a slope as well as giving a nice ride.I think they looked quite imposing too :sunglasses:

As said it would eat a V8 Scania, I remember racing a Transmec 143 up the slip road from the A34 onto the Eastbound M4, we were both empty and he was a little surprised to be totally dusted by an IVECO, until he read the badge on the quarter light and gave a knowing nod :laughing: They could be thirsty beasts though, but driven properly they were ok :wink:

They also had a nice noise, a really tight rumble, especially if the standard silencer set up was junked in favour of a simple flow through silencer, I had mine for a year or so and it was very reliable, the only thing it needed apart from routine servicing was thermostats and an ignition barrel after some idiot snapped the key in it :blush:

I beleive that iveco is now the largest manufacturer if deisel engines in the world, i had a eurotech and was very reliable, and cheap and i loved it, however i was a minority group.

Carl:
2 v8 eurostars ran by as taylor awesome motors and boy did they sound well :sunglasses:

my mate alan liyle bought the one with side skirts last saw it in 2005 on container work i was going to by it i had at time a 400e42 with the wonderfull twin splitter it was the dream worrier custum painted horror films i was 21 when my dad bought it for me great motor love the twin splitter box witch i masterd at 14 drivin stratos on immingham docks emptying coal boats bak in 98 t0 01 good all days four wheeler unit on spings 3 axle trailer on springs 60+tons every load

bradfordlad9999:

Carl:

my mate alan liyle bought the one with side skirts last saw it in 2005 on container work i was going to by it i had at time a 400e42

I knew Alan when he had that V8 Eurostar, it had been converted to manual and he drove it very steadilly to keep the fuel consumption down, I was running a 420 Eurostar at the time and found that to be a fantastic truck.

Ross.

PS, if you see Alan, say Roscoe said hello!!!

Took one of these Eurostar 520’S to Dortmund a few years ago now with an irish mate of mine,he said he wanted to do the trip as fast as possible because he needed to get back home, so seeing as though i was on holiday at the time i said i’d go with him. He picked me up at J16 M6 then he jumped in the bunk, I GUESS IT’S MY TURN i said, sure is mate, and pulled the curtains across the bunk, WAKE ME UP AT DOVER he mumbled. Now being a law abiding HGV driver myself i thought dover in one hit,that’s pushing it. But of course i had forgot this was an irish truck (NO FUSE,you know what i mean), prodded my mate and asked,WHAT WEIGHT ARE WE, the voice came from the bunk, 40 TONNE OR SO… the limit was 38 tonne at the time, so here i was OVER weight with NO fuse in and 520 horses under my arse. Lets see how she goes i thought.
Got to stokenchurch bank M40 (not a big one) and the big 520 dropped 2 gears and just blitzed everything in it’s path,what a machine, needless to say i did make dover in one hit, and with time to spare. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

f88vol:

Suedehead:

f88vol:

Hiya i’ve been in that eurostar and can say it maybe twice as fast as a everyday Scania…its faster than any trucks before
they was limited. don’t come back with 75’s or even 90’s its way faster.what do you need for it Alan she seemed quite solid
when i was up your way. are you changeing the colour to your livery…theres a wrecker in a field near me the same as your double drive Iveco that never moves its got a full recovery setup on the back and looks quite driveable
cheers John

i drove a 520 for mike lambert at rugby forwarding,it was a right pain with that semi auto box but after mike converted it to a manual (parts from a scrape 420 eurostar £250 and half a days work) limiter in the bin, fuel pump looked at (similar to the ones fitted to the scania 143 he ran as lambert int) what a machine it was,i remember running down to lisbon with the other 520 we had ( with the standard box) and the driver phoning mike saying he could not keep up with me and mike telling him he wasnt driving it right,happy days

Hiya …new member there welcome.JOHNXL70…sounds like you may have a tale or to for us
John

Wasn’t that 17 litre V8 the same as the one in the Fiat of the 1970’s…the 170-35?..I remeber clocking one doing 85-90mph on the M4 over 30 years ago

one of the 520 eurostars ive got real and true v8 sounds two turbos as well